Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Sebenius

[Suggestion] Flower Pots Could be a functional item rather than just cosmetic

Question

So I'm still just getting started with the game, and I've noticed how tedious it is to replant and harvest flax and similar plants.

This got me thinking: what if the flower pots, instead of just being a cosmetic placement item, were a container where you could place seeds to grow these sorts of plants. It could have 1-3 slots and just choose a random seed to grow each time there is a spot available to grow the plant, with spaces for growing planted spread out across the planter based on its size.

I know you can just plant a ton of things on top of each other but that looks terrible. It would be cool to be able to pop a stack of seeds into a planter and harvest them occasionally. It would also be possible to expand it so there are different planter sizes with different amounts of slots for seeds that can hold different types of seeds, things like that.

• Upvote 1

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

How about instead of using a flower pot, having some kind of mechanical combine harvester / horse-drawn farm equipment? I would farm ACRES of grain LOL.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kristobal64 said:

How about instead of using a flower pot, having some kind of mechanical combine harvester / horse-drawn farm equipment? I would farm ACRES of grain LOL.

See, now you're thinking with progression. That would be a great way to have a high-tier expensive item, but that's something that really builds on top of the idea of the flower pot. The pot would be available at low levels, and could hold like 3-5-10 seeds, but with a combine harvester you could harvest thousands of plants.

Something like that would be great if we also could get crafting stations that could process that sort of crazy load of plants (which I would argue would be another great higher-tier object)

+1 to having functional flower pots, for all the above reasons.

Just a tip about the flax/cotton though, consider importing sisal seeds from the plant growing on desert islands. The leaves can be used for spinning threads and making cloth but contrary to the other two, this one doesn't have to be replanted. The leaves can be harvested over and over just like bananas from a banana tree.

• Upvote 1