Sign in to follow this  
Antimidation

RESOLVED Character wipe upon loading save game(UPDATED)

Question

I just experienced a complete character wipe from a previous save game. At first i thought I had died but I remembered logging off on a dock I had built so sharks couldn't get me and this is a private game with a password. When i loaded the game it placed me in the character creation screen and every time I backed out and restarted the game it did the same thing again and again. I finally just recreated a character and it dropped me on my original starting island...all my structures were intact but all my crafting knowledge was gone, so I gathered materials for a little starter sail ship and set out to where i remember my main base being, everything was still there. The biggest down side is probably the loss of all the seeds I had collected along with all map data since the items my previous saved character had were all gone. Has anyone experienced this or has a work around perhaps to retrieve the lost character? If not, this should be on the list of priorities...losing character data is a huge blow to enthusiasm to play for people starting the game. I'll continue on to research more bugs. Thank you.

UPDATE: I just had this happen again on the same game after managing to get most of my stuff back and also managing to find my home base islands, along with a couple other islands for materials i needed. This is a very devastating bug that discourages me to play adventure mode. I'll stick with Creative and the editor for now. I hope this one is at the top of the list of priorities. 

0 replies to this bug / suggestion

No replies to this bug / suggestion