Sign in to follow this  
[SFW]topper

Server Connection Issue WAN vs. LAN

Question

Hello Ane,

I have only really started looking into this issue today after getting countless reports from my community saying that they cannot load into my server.  It seems that after a while of playing and leaving the server does not allow players to reconnect from WAN.  However, from LAN there is no issue.  Is there some "mechanism" some where that hold on to the IP/port and not releasing client IP/port and thus refusing duplicate connections?

Solution I will try will be to restart the physical box, not able to do that at the moment as they are people on the Arma 3 servers.  Will update again, but in case you guys get a chance to look into it, I would greatly appreciate you pointing me to the solution :)

Regards,

topper

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

Update:

Okay I have tried a few more restart with the same saved file and I can join via LAN but not via WAN.

I have roll back my save files to when it works and now I can join via LAN and WAN.

So looks like short term solution is to keep creating duplicates of your save files.

Long term solution is to look into how the save file is being created.

Another difference between the save file that allows player to join from WAN and one that does not is the file size.  The difference is like just 6 hours apart.  But the size is almost double for the one that does not allow WAN connection; 6,163kb vs. 11,034kb.

Edited by [SFW]topper