Sign in to follow this  
Karniest

RESOLVED Continue Game option starts a New Character

Question

I have over 150 hours into this game and loving it immensely.

But...........

I have just tried to log into my current character (who is very much alive) and when you select the game the screen normally scrolls to the sky with all the loading messages, but for me once the screen scrolls to the sky, there are no loading messages, and after 2-3 sec's I get a Character creation screen. I press escape to return to main menu, and it doesn't matter how many times I try this I get the same new character screen.

If I create this new Character I am spawned on the same Island with all my buildings, boat, and chest (with items in) as if nothing has happened.

Except my character has nothing in his inventory, no broken barrier, no note from my previous character, no container bags as I would have got if I died.

I do backup my saves but this is still a loss of 2-3 hours if I go back to a previous save.

Very frustrating as this is the 2nd time this week, hence why I am posting here. 

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

This is unfortunately a known issue.

If you now die with your new character the character creation panel will pop up and you'll get stuck there. What you can try to do is delete your previous characters in the Editor, that fixed it for another player.

8 minutes ago, Ane said:

This is unfortunately a known issue.

If you now die with your new character the character creation panel will pop up and you'll get stuck there. What you can try to do is delete your previous characters in the Editor, that fixed it for another player.

Sorry, I did do a quick and dirty search before posting but did not see this.

Would you like me to post my save game to Yumikaze's post as I was very early on in gameplay and had no protective barrier active (I had not even deployed it, I think its still broken in a chest somewhere)  

No problem :)

Sure, feel free to post your files in that post, the more info we have, the easier for us to fix the issue.

Thanks and sorry about the issue.

10 minutes ago, Ane said:

No problem :)

Sure, feel free to post your files in that post, the more info we have, the easier for us to fix the issue.

Thanks and sorry about the issue.

No apology needed, its early access and problems with bugs are expected :)

• Thanks 1