6Cowa6Bunga6

Dying from Starvation while offline

does anyone know how to prevent dying from starvation when you go offline. 
if the protective barrier will stop this from happening or not. or even if there are other ways around it. otherwise ill have to figure something out after logging off when i venture off from the starter island

Log off while you're in the field of an active protective barrier generator.

That does not solve the problem if you move from island to island.

Yeah this is an issue for me as I island hop looking for a place to call home. It will also be an issue for me after I find a place to settle because I don't want to be pinned down to one location. And in MP, a PB is neon sign that attracts griefers.

Edited by Whane

Build a  fake  base.... use it as a decoy for   griefers...surround it with traps   etc...B|

I am sure  would be griefers would be hesitant  to  grief  my base  after  several  forced  re-spawns. They might  succeed  eventually....

...... but it would  be no loss to me and a waste of  time and  bandwidth to them  :D

has anyone put a protective barrier on a boat yet? i though about doing it but havent gotten around to having a good enough boat to put one on it

im not sure if its even possible. but having a main base on a boat can be risky if you end up loosing the hull

5 minutes ago, 6Cowa6Bunga6 said:

has anyone put a protective barrier on a boat yet? i though about doing it but havent gotten around to having a good enough boat to put one on it

im not sure if its even possible. but having a main base on a boat can be risky if you end up loosing the hull

It's not possible. I tried it already. You can in fact "place" the PB, but you cannot activate it.

Also, you can log off while inside any active protective barrier, not just your own. I just tested this last night and this afternoon I'm still alive, fed, and with full health.

Edited by Whane