Question

I don't know if it's the bug. When I build a wall from blocks and then I'm not able to destroy it. (I know that a block can be pick up to 2 minutes.) And ulint founter is undestructible too.

I tried it with stone and sandstone block. I used pick and hammer.

Can I remove any building? And how?

Thanks

14 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi,

all blocks should be destructible. Building blocks have quite a lot of HP. (i think that it can take about 40-50 hits to destroy one block with an iron weapon) Maybe it is too much for now but we wanted to prevent a situation in multiplayer such that you build your stone fortress and another player will destroy it just in few seconds.

In the creative scenario you can use an annihilator gun to remove blocks instantly. A replicator with "remove" mode can be useful too. In the survival scenario you have no other option than slowly destroy blocks one by one. (or you can use cheat /additem annihilator, you can write cheats in chat (enter))

OK. I accept that. But when I make a mistake, now it will the repairs take a longer. Perhaps, in single mode could be destroing easier than multiplayer mode.

Cheats are easy way, but I don´t like it B|

Thanks for your answer.

Sorry but i want to play multiplayer in a pve server, and i want to build. My suggestion is: if another player try to break your building he will need more hits, but if you want to break your own building you will need fewer hits

Sorry Houp but your information is wrong.

A stone block took 150+ hits with an Iron Axe to be destroyed.

Is there any better tool?

Peace,

TF

4 minutes ago, MouthHole said:

And a 124 hits with the Iron War Axe.

This is way way too much.

Annihilator, might need to load the game in editor to spawn it in though, as currently no in-game spawn command. While you're in the editor you could just delete the blocks though so... redundant! Lol.

• Upvote 1

I like how buildings are hard to be removed by hand. Use cannons, or explosives, or edit your save in editor. If you want to demolish a built house in real life, that also takes effort, even if it's yours.

• Upvote 1

I also ran into this.  I think at minimum you should increase the placement time to at least 20 minutes or so.   It currently is far too easy to screw up placement of something like a chest that cuts into the wall slightly and then you can't finish that wall anymore.

Edited by timgfoley@rogers.com

I agree, this needs to be changed. I placed some stone blocks down, in explore for markers while building, and I've used almost 2 stacks of roasted veggies to remove them. I enjoy this game greatly and will use one hand to hold click, and the other to explore the forum for answers. It sucks, for ssp builders, but thanks anyway for a fantastic game. Or give us more wood options? Maybe some decorative wood things? Just a thought.

I think the great success of this game will be the slow nature of both building, and removing. I bought this game in the full faith of the developers, they seem like chill people.

I think the problem is, the folk who built Arma tried making a building game. The 2 do not go hand-in-hand. They go from military training, to a building sandbox game. Pay them, or sign up for a special Air-Force bonus, I guess......

Still; great game!

I think the forcefield Thing should cover the entire map in SP mode. then all you would Need is a hammer to remove blocks 1 at a time.

It's could be really frustrated to rearrangement ceiling of my small castle with explosives or with thousands hits by waraxe :(
That's not good solutions, guys.