Dustin Michael

How to import ship and character?

I've watched a lets play and the person opened up a new save and was able to export his ship and his character to the new save. I just wondering how that was done because I have scalled every inch of my save and wouldn't mind going to a new save but have some of my stuff. 

First create new explore mode then back to main menu. Importing ship can be done just by:

1. Open your old explorer mode savegame in Editor
  2. Click your ship hull
  3. Right click and choose save composition, enter the name of it, then save. 
  4. Open your new explorer savegame
  5. Click on composition tab, click your ship's name you just saved
  6. Place it anywhere above water. Save the editor and done. 
  7. Load your new exploration mode.

Make sure all stuff needed including items in your body and inventory is on the ship(put it to the chest) before save composition.

The character will be same as your usual character by default when you create new explore mode game, so your character doesn't need to be imported. And your unlocked recipes will reset in new savegame, this can be unlocked again just by moving your stuff to your inventory.

With this method all your stuff on the ship should remain there, except some of the colors/blocks because of synchronization save bug.

Have fun!

Edited by Velocifer
  • Thanks 2

I'm bad at making Ships so i wanted to get one out of the workshop. (I haven't a ship yet) So how can i download it? i looked in the main menu of the game etc. but nothing to find. i subbed it in the workshop but nothing else happend. :(

On 2018-01-07 at 4:24 PM, Naiterii said:

I'm bad at making Ships so i wanted to get one out of the workshop. (I haven't a ship yet) So how can i download it? i looked in the main menu of the game etc. but nothing to find. i subbed it in the workshop but nothing else happend. :(

if you subscribe to a composition then it should appear in your list of compositions automatically. So you subscribe to a ship you like, then go to the editor and then to the compositions tab where you should find the ship. Then just place it somewhere in whatever save you want.

Therefore  it Would it be possible to  move a ship full of  crafted items  from  a current  0.6 game   to a new game  on the 0.7 update...?  If so this  should be   highlighted and  made"sticky" so  the players that have progressed heaps  on 0.6  do not have to start at the  beginning in a   0.7  game  with the  new  NPC's

If this is so,  it will be a great boost to those  of use that have  spent a  considerable  time   building a base  and   gathering resources .  Just equip a ship with all the items you have... and workstations ...and resources  and  move them across.

Please  let us know  if  its  feasible.. :D

Upon reflection .  if this is possible,  then  one should  construct  multiple  ship hulls  as  storage   vessels...load them with containers...    and fill the containers with  weapons  tools and resources fro  your  current game in  0.6...then move them across into the  new game  ..on 0.7 o.O

You would  then be able s to start a new game  with a lot of resources to build a new base  quickly....and   survive  wolf and bear attacks  easier ¬¬

3 hours ago, kimbuck said:

Would it be possible to  move a ship full of  crafted items  from  a current  0.6 game   to a new game  on the 0.7 update...?

If the items ID still same, I guess it should be possible, hopefully.. :D Can't wait to see how can we interact/make dialog with NPC..

Might be worthwhile then to start creating  some "bulk storage" ships and prepare for the move.  The NPC's   have me intrigued too ..i wonder if they understand "aussie slang" ...  eg   " she'll be right mate ..'ave a Vegemite  sandwich! " :D

1 minute ago, kimbuck said:

Might be worthwhile then to start creating  some "bulk storage" ships and prepare for the move.  The NPC's   have me intrigued too ..i wonder if they understand "aussie slang" ...  eg   " she'll be right mate ..'ave a Vegemite  sandwich! " :D

lol.. xD I already made those kind of ship and will be release atleast today (in my time zone).

Definitely NPC will understand "aussie slang" if you make your own NPC. :P I will spread "wkwkwk" word with that NPC xD

:D

...meanwhile i having  fun   with afternoon coffee  break and  down voting all the  love gurus  spam posts B|

lol, awesome. :D have a nice day good sir, enjoy down voting that bloody love gurus spam. Oh God, Devs need to do something with the forum A.S.A.P.