xDanImaLx

[suggestion] Tool Belt

Question

10 replies to this bug / suggestion

I agree for things like the chisel, glass blower thing and maybe the small hammer as they're kind of secondary items most of the time but I think it's good we have to think about what to take with most of the other tools, if you're doing gardening you wouldn't take a pick axe, you'd have a shovel and spade and I think if the tool belt can hold any of them it's just dumbing the game down too much.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, leo_chaos said:

I agree for things like the chisel, glass blower thing and maybe the small hammer as they're kind of secondary items most of the time but I think it's good we have to think about what to take with most of the other tools, if you're doing gardening you wouldn't take a pick axe, you'd have a shovel and spade and I think if the tool belt can hold any of them it's just dumbing the game down too much.

I totally agree with you here, it would make sense for the tools that you don’t directly hold in your hand to use but are rather part of crafting recipes like you said the chisel and glassblowing pipes, maybe things like the sewing kit too. Otherwise it’s expanding the inventory so unrealistically and for me it’s a bit of a pain having to enter another sub-inventory to access a particular tool to assign it to the hotbar or whatnot.

Edited by handofthesly

11 hours ago, handofthesly said:

I totally agree with you here, it would make sense for the tools that you don’t directly hold in your hand to use but are rather part of crafting recipes like you said the chisel and glassblowing pipes, maybe things like the sewing kit too. Otherwise it’s expanding the inventory so unrealistically and for me it’s a bit of a pain having to enter another sub-inventory to access a particular tool to assign it to the hotbar or whatnot.

just imagining someone walking around with a shovel, spade, pickaxe, axe and a saw on a toolbelt and a sword in hand xD

I’d be more enclined to have specific functional clothing which has storage slots. So you could have a tool belt, a bandolier belt for ammo, pants with pockets etc. which you can view in the left panel where you equip the clothing. I don’t know, I guess I’m just so used to playing DayZ!

Maybe it holds a few tools but you're limited to like 3 on the belt. So it saves some inventory space without overdoing it.

The inventory is already unrealistic. A building log and a blade of grass occupy the same inventory space. If we're talking realism here, we shouldn't be able to hold as much as we do, not without a pack of some kind. 

Guess we'll find out how the tool belt works, since it's likely gonna be in next major update. Wonder what we'll need to craft one. 

Yes!! I've been craving a tool menu, but it must be small though. I like having to plan out my work day and either carry a Hammer, or an Axe in my belt rather than having slots I can just put all my tools in. Perhaps a Quiver also for the arrows.