kimbuck

Tides..and tidal influences?

I have been noticing variations in ocean height  in my mooring  bay ...sometimes i can step from the ship  onto the  dock ..other times i need to  jump  up .  Sometimes when  docking the projections at the  sides of my ship are above the dock ...on other  days they foul the dock  ...or below..

Then  there was the time  my  ship did a somersault and  ended up  facing the other direction ..despite  being  moored  with  anchor  down.

Today  after waking up i have found  my ship had moved away from the dock..and   required a  jump to get aboard... the previous day it was nearly   flush with the  dock.

Possibly  a meddling  seagull ,  but ..with the  anchor  down and  sails  down ? ...or  is it  just another  full moon and   its the  tides?xD

If its the  full moon .. then i better watch out  for  those  wolves becoming  werewolves...:(

• Like 2

This^^^  Because the idea of tidal shifts as well as any type of tidal change would be INCREDIBLE. Voting this to become a reality at some point.  

I like the idea of tides. I'm especially fond of the ocean when it's storming because the waves gain height. Would love to see storm levels with corresponding oceanic effects.

• Upvote 1

I agree with more "realism" with the ocean... I mentioned it before... The weather effects are AMAZING... but... being at sea in a badass storm is "meh"... just sleep and you good to sail again... I would LOVE to see more realism both with tides and waves... but especially with waves... i've sailed enough to know that when you get caught in a storm out at sea... it is truly an experience you will NEVER forget regardless of the size of the vessel you are in... but a small sail powered ship... well... you will ship yourself before the storm is over if you survive...

...would be nice to have to "fight" the storm if you are out at sea...

• Upvote 2