Naiterii

Ship from Workshop

Hello, 

How can i download and import a large Ship from the Workshop? I searched for an answer but i couldn't find something about it.

Maybe you guys could help me. :)

Hey, here you go the step to get ship/any composition from workshop

1. Subscribe to ship you want to download in workshop

2. Open Editor from main menu, then inside the Editor, open your savegame through top menus: File > Open > Games

3. When you already in your savegame then on the right side of your screen there is composition tab, click on it, wait little bit for your subscribed ship to be downloaded

4. Click that ship name, then  place it above water.

5. Save the Editor, Back to Main Menu, then Continue your savegame. Your Explore Mode savegame shouldn't have  any logo on it

Walla your subscribed ship will be there. ;) feel free to ask any question.

Edited by Velocifer

Just now, Naiterii said:

Thank you

You're welcome, ^_^ Are you successfully load your subscribed ship?

3 hours ago, Fight or Flight Gamer said:

I opened game in editor but when I click on composition tab there isn't anything there. What am I doing wrong?

Hey FFG, did you click subscribe (+ symbol) your desired composition in workshop? if you did, then wait little bit, depends on the size/complexity of composition. It may take awhile to download.

Edited by Velocifer

Yes, I had forgotten to sign in but I did & hit the subscribe button, but when I go into the editor & hit compositions there isn't anything there.  I waited a long time to see if it would show up, but it didn't. It shows I am subscribed to the item on the workshop so not sure where its going or why I can see it in the editor.  Thanks for your help btw

Just now, Fight or Flight Gamer said:

It shows I am subscribed to the item on the workshop so not sure where its going or why I can see it in the editor. 

So I assumed you already login in the workshop before you click subscribe button. And here is another question, you did linked/login ingame with your same account as account that subscribed to the item right? Try to subscribe to the "Game" or scenario for testing, it's faster to see subscribed scenario in "New Game" menu than going to Editor.

Not sure what happened but I downloaded a scenario & it downloaded fine. I am logged in under same name. I went back to items I subscribed to & previoulsly where it showed I was subscribed to those items it now showed that I wasn't, so I was able to hit subscribe again & this time I got a confirmation that I didn't get before so it appears to be working! I verified they are now in the editor also. Weird. The only thing I can tell that was different was I had the game open but minimized when I subscribed. Thanks again for your help!

3 hours ago, Pharaun Mizzrym said:

How many things can we subscribe to?  I mean what If I want it all is there anything stopping me?

I think the only thing that can stop you is your internet connection. I would advise not to place a massive amount of compositions into one map since the game isn't really optimized to handle tons of data yet... I mean if you have 8 gig video and 32 gig ram you might not have issues right away.

On 3/4/2018 at 7:29 PM, SyxtySyx said:

I think the only thing that can stop you is your internet connection. I would advise not to place a massive amount of compositions into one map since the game isn't really optimized to handle tons of data yet... I mean if you have 8 gig video and 32 gig ram you might not have issues right away.

Yeah, about that... TOO LATE 

• Haha 1

On 1/7/2018 at 7:40 AM, V-Alfred said:

Hey, here you go the step to get ship/any composition from workshop

1. Subscribe to ship you want to download in workshop

2. Open Editor from main menu, then inside the Editor, open your savegame through top menus: File > Open > Games

3. When you already in your savegame then on the right side of your screen there is composition tab, click on it, wait little bit for your subscribed ship to be downloaded

4. Click that ship name, then  place it above water.

5. Save the Editor, Back to Main Menu, then Continue your savegame. Your Explore Mode savegame shouldn't have  any logo on it

Walla your subscribed ship will be there. ;) feel free to ask any question.

Will this work for regular Explore games? Will I need to get the resources to build it like a BP?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Henry Rahe said:

Will this work for regular Explore games? Will I need to get the resources to build it like a BP?

Thanks

yeah, what I said should work in regular Explore games (as long as you have the save game file ofc) for now, and you don't need to get any resources. Just place the composition in your world, here @YadNiMonde made guide, step by step with pictures : 

37 minutes ago, V-Alfred said:

yeah, what I said should work in regular Explore games (as long as you have the save game file ofc) for now, and you don't need to get any resources. Just place the composition in your world, here @YadNiMonde made guide, step by step with pictures : 

thanks!