Sign in to follow this  
Staavre

The Elusive and Mysterious Ylandium

So I've finally created a yland I really like and I've been dumping some serious time into it. I got a sweet house, dope armor, and a killer pirate ship. But I feel at this point I've spelunked every cave and have randomly dug a bunch of mineshafts, but can't find any ylandium. Where am I suppose to be looking?

Well the caves where you find mutated animals will probably have Ylandium, it looks like quartz but will have a greenish-yellow light.

If you can't find it on your Yland: set sail and head out for 1 of the other Ylands available in explore mode :)  I did the same on my 1st Yland I "found" some mutated bones and just 3 Ylandium,  went to other islands found a cave with 12 Ylandium :) 

To clarify: drop the mutated bones from cave cats on the ground and whack with any hammer to get Ylandium dust. the crystals are a different thing and spawn like the red and blue cave crystals

Alternatively you can break the mutated bones by selecting them in your inventory rather than dropping them.  As far a the crystals it took a while and a few ylands but I finally found a cave with them in it.

Now if I could just find some coal and gold :) 

Gold is also found inside the caves, and don't always look on the ground because it could be on the sealing also :)