Aethelis

Open Cave on Fang-Yland

hey,

after i cheated me some coal, which i was unable to find, i felt bad and started a new game. just wanted to try and maybe have something other than tropical island for once...

and wow, i was surprised: a temperate island that starts to rise towards the high mountain in its center at the shoreline.. after a desperate struggle against wild and murderous beasts in the first two nights and days, i finaly started to explore. and wow... several surface veins of coal, a flying cube, forge place and a redbrick tower. and two unseen cave anomalies :)

8ahJia9.png

this one is pretty large and surrounding the iron tower like something bad happened long ago. there are even some mutated beast running around down there.

the other one is similar but smaller on a cliffside.

that is so awesome, i thought i'd share it. i really dont like crawling underground, and such an open cave is a great thing for cave-sissies like me :D

what ever the cause is, i hope its NOT a bug. i was eager to play again since i did go to work this morning, so if it is unwanted, make it a feature..

I am so jealous!  It looks like that thing fell from space and it just crashed through the cave ceiling creating a crater.

hmm...  finaly found the time to visit another island. and to my surpride i found a birch island at last, yay.

and it even has a different kind of open cave.. sort of..

4hriExu.png

there were even two mutated beasts on the shoreline.  stumbled almost into the first, when i rushed to a strange purple heap on the ground.. then saw the large shrooms in the water.

havent explored the underwater situation there, as water is a bit cold... not that i am a cold-water-sissy, its just that cold water rusts my tools faster than warm water.. ;)

Speaking of huge open caves:

This was on my first dessert Yland i came up on :)  

Ylands_170507_050452.png

Ylands_170507_050017.png

Ylands_170507_104820.png

• Upvote 1

hmm.. those seem to be quite common atm..

bbZ2gXg.png

island no. 3 had also one.. on the map it shows as if filled with water... which makes nasty ideas come up.  mutated sharks anyone?

the place on the shore with cave shrooms and stuff didnt really go down.. checked it with my new prop :)

but i had a near death exp. while peacefully flying through the jungle following a jagged inland cliff..:

hxIBpx5.png

nasty 'lil doom-rock hidden there..

and when i though that i finaly found some sulfur, it was gold... on the surface (well it goes down pretty far too)

L4hEww8.png

busy day, today. :D

• Upvote 1

now, that everyone seems to have a fancy ship, i started one too.. :D

again my vision collided with the possible stuff in the game. the plan was to put the sails onto the sides of the hull, like wings, but i cant rotate them to the horizontal.

well, plan B.  collided too, as windmills cant be turned to horizontal too.

hmm.. plan C...       *tumbleweed*

at least there is a guardian for my harbor now:

0WrBZtG.png

(little riddle for you: if a boy could pass her gaze, and a knight couldnt.. would the eyes be the right color?)

also, found the purpose of the game and finished exploration mode today:

WaRKmxV.jpg

;)

• Upvote 1

hmm.. didnt know of J... that solved a lot of issues. Thanks!

installed the steamengine on the "Windlass" and took her out for the maidenvoyage.. :)

VYVFKC6.png

kVRW7jr.png

• Upvote 2