Sign in to follow this  
bigblockhead

Building

Question

Let me say first I am enjoying building in this game tremendously despite 2 major flaws, to me anyway.

Permanence- is there any way to make the blocks removable? Not being able to change my mind, although more challenging, as a builder is frustrating.

Colors-- As you can see, we have 5-6 shades of browny-tan here, all clay blocks- and using the clay bricks tiles for walls is fast, but there is no way that I can see to tell if you are getting the light or dark side as you are positioning it. They are also different shades than all the other clay blocks.

Would love to see blocks and tiles in matching sizes for all materials, like small stone bricks and cubes would be great.

Ylands_170515_120730.png

• Upvote 1

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Thanks a lot for this excellent feedback! :)

1) the objects can be easily removed only for a short time after they've been placed (2 minutes - if you hit them during that period they will be removed and you will get all the ingredients used to create those). The reason behind this is the fact (just making a simple example), that players can build buildings like castles and you don't want the others to simply remove few blocks and enter it through the wall. It seems the solution could be letting player remove only the blocks they placed themselves - but not only it can be impossible to tell what is it that they placed since any game can seamlessly change from single to multiplayer and back and buildings can be created as a result of cooperation but also allowing that would under some circumstances give the one who placed the object advantage over others (actually there are more problems than this but I don't want to go into details). That being said - we understand, that this can be frustrating and we are still trying to find a better solution for this.

2) you're right, that needs to be fixed somehow - we will look into it asap

We will keep adding new building blocks continuously. 

Regarding point 1: It prevents griefing by destruction, but it also enables griefing by blocking off doors/windows/entire buildings which will take hours to uncover again. I can already see this happen in multiplayer :D 

• Upvote 1

Sorry to necro this thread, my mistake if this has already been covered.  One solution to pickable blocks would be the option to pick everything on world creation, especially for single player or small servers of friends.  IMO it's always better to have a choice on things like this.