Sign in to follow this  
Tango-b1e1359c36fb4273

Cosmetic Appearance

Question

Cosmetic slots like lots of other games where in you can put things on top of your current armor to change outside appearance. i.e.  I'm wearing Guardian or Mk 1 Armor but I have the pirate set above it so people see me wearing the pirate set but functioning like the proper armor (lights and all).

Maybe an option to not show helmet.

• Upvote 1

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

Agreed. I can understand in an RPG-style game or PvP-centric game where you may not want people tricking others into thinking they're wearing something other than what they are. (Although even progression MMORPG's now have 'transmog' / cosmetic options, despite that.) But in Ylands, it seems like more of a creative / cooperative exploration/PvE-survival game, no real reason it would be problematic.

I'm all in favor of letting people visibly show whatever armor they fancy, while letting them equip underneath whatever quality of armor they've acquired. It's not exactly realistic, but it doesn't seem like that big a deal.

Some of my favorite aesthetic choices are clothing sets in Ylands, but I know statistically they pale in comparison to certain armors in the game. It's just a really crappy feeling to be torn between "Do I wear the good stuff" or "Do I look cool and how I want to?" The above situation lets you do both, and be happy. If not, it's been proven that generally people will gravitate toward "the best armor they can get", and a lot of the simple clothing would go unused and unseen.