Aethelis

Hoard your Ylandium Crystals

hey.

i asked this elsewhere, but couldnt find it anymore.

i found some nice resources today and unlocked new gear. i thought that i should post this here:

do not break the crystals for dust, you might need a lot of them for a nice set of armor (at least by the looks of it) later. 

• Upvote 1

Yes, you guys might want to hold on to your Ylandium because there will be a lot of machinery/items that require it in the game eventually :)

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Aleš Ulm said:

Yes, you guys might want to hold on to your Ylandium because there will be a lot of machinery/items that require it in the game eventually :)

lol, hint hint!

I had some luck.... found 2 pieces just a few hundred meters in a cave, went further down and ran in to a pack of mutated panthers (killed 10 already and more keep coming) and to busy fighting them off, i love the katana sword (did a new explorer mission to get some animal activities, and kinda regret that now :P ).

Ylands_170523_041551.png

I tend to use some style of spear or lance, and lighter armor, and do something that is kind of a cross between "Oberyn Martell aka Red Viper,  vs The Mountain", and an old 1990s Final Fantasy Dragoon with JUMP special attack (Kain).

3871292-6266420118-N5v3F.gif

Pretty much I constantly bounce around in a circle so that it has a harder time trying to target me, while i poke with my spear as often as I can. Bounce-Bounce-Poke-Bounce-Bounce-Poke.. I try to jump the opposite way it spun last (clockwise v counter). I don;t actually know for a fact whether spears/lances even have longer melee range/reach, or whether lighter armor makes one more agile/nimble at evasion, but in my mind it always seems like a decent strategy.   

Probably 20% of the time i die anyway cuz i am really not all that good at it :P but i will take 80% wins. 

(Well, you did ask for A tactic and not necessarily the best tactic...) 

Edited by Sprout

atm, my weapon of choice is the x-crossbow, two bolts for most predators, including alpha mutants.