Sign in to follow this  
T.O.M.

Reveal whole map

Question

I cannot find more islands (8 found), would be nice to have "reveal cheat" so i can tell if there is no more islands(badly generated world) or they are just far away i cannot see anymore birds around. Because on FB they told me there should be around 14-15 islands....

• Upvote 1

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

I think a button to 'zoom extents' to the full map boundary would be good. It wouldn't have to reveal undiscovered terrain or sea just show the maximum 'searchable area', this would also give an indication of scale, as any discovered terrain would show at a relative size to the 'play boundary'. (I assume there is currently a limit and the sea doesn't go on to infinity! I haven't tried...)

I found using the mouse wheel or keyboard +/- buttons doesn't let me see all of the Ylands I have discovered, I have to pan the map around.

I'm sure I've seen the suggestion else where but in support of the idea; the map really needs a 'you are here' marker! ;) 

I have a technique of zooming all the way in to the map, panning away from where I think I am and then press the 'centre' map button, your character should be somewhere near the centre of your screen, this is not ideal! ;) 

Other ideas:

players able to 'draw' and add 'text' to the map, the most obvious use for me is 'X' marks the spot! :) 

Link/embed a map to a letter and vice versa, that would allow v cool journal logs! :) 

Cosmetic improvements, like add a North arrow, overlay a co-ordinates grid, 'you are here', etc.

How about a journey 'logger'? If the map is in the hot bar and you press button 'start journey' it adds a 'dottet' line as you move, until you press 'stop journey', could have some interesting side effects if not stopped!

Oops, that got a bit long, sorry!

• Upvote 2

You made a good point - it is not easy now to be sure that you found all of the available ylands. We'll definitely discuss that. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, OHNNI said:

Hello , maybe an option to increase  the rendering distance ? We have to be pretty close to island to be abble to see them. 

Devs already spoke about this in another topic, maybe some low LOD version would work :) also it looks silly when half the island isn't rendered.

Hello , maybe an option to increase  the rendering distance ? We have to be pretty close to island to be abble to see them. 

Our plan is to make the ylands visible from the distance (so that you can see them even before starting to sail) :)

On ‎16‎-‎6‎-‎2017 at 3:51 PM, Ane said:

Our plan is to make the ylands visible from the distance (so that you can see them even before starting to sail) :)

when are you doing this? its more than half a year ago you told this??

On 16/06/2017 at 3:51 PM, Ane said:

since i have a killer computer it would only be fair to have a crazy draw distance, i m always above 100 fps as it is now (except when there s a hiccup because i m hungry or other stuff alike) so i wouldnt mind dropping to 60 fps but to see FAR away.

It's definitely something that will happen. For now this has been pushed a bit lower on our todo list in favor of general optimizations, but it will happen. In case it would look like getting to this would take too long, we would consider putting in the game at least some sort of temporary (not very accurate but still helpful) visualization of a distant yland.

• Upvote 1