Miguel Preguisa

Tundra Concept

Question

Arctic Ylands are nice (great new penguins! I saw them just today) but not really friendly to live on. So I was thinking about some new climate area that's both cool and snowy (no pun intended :P) but suitable for inhabitation. And I came with this:

TUNDRA! :D

As you can see on this map, tundra isn't some tiny tiny biotope.

591deb5839a6e_worldmap.png.a851abec8332352b2def658089889b9e.png

But that's of course not all! I wrote down some ideas on Tundra ylands. :) 

1. Needs to be covered in snow. Maybe not every single meter, but it should have the "cold" atmosphere.
  2. There isn't any type of tree but Conifers. Most of these are covered in snow, but there could be even some green Conifers. 
  3. It should be more common to find here Arctic Willows, Rocks (the medium ones) and Magic Bushs (just my thought, it could be the reward for finding the Tundra yland).
  4. Because it's really cold in the tundra, there should be less vegetation such as berry bushes or even grass.
  5. Last point, animals. The only animals spawning here would be Arctic Rabbits, Arctic Wolfs, Brown Bears (I'm not sure, but Polar Bears seemed inappropriate) and maybe some goats?

And now some screenshots! I actually recreate this on a small piece of land in the Editor. ;) 

591dee754e70b_2017-05-18(2).thumb.png.3f9876bbc25acf50aeb3db68d42de20e.png

591dee7d9e89f_2017-05-18(3).thumb.png.2fe1a9f132c4b48ffcb1de46ffb963a9.png

591dee95e221e_2017-05-18(5).thumb.png.3faf61414b9908bdb9b2d2e6e8075b61.png591dee9f94414_2017-05-18(6).thumb.png.26ccc766fc7a5fdb3ce0417810cddc44.png

Tell me what do you think about this! I want to hear what would you like to see in the tundra. :D :P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

Love this idea, would also be cool to see reindeer and maybe even a lynx like we have here in Norway :) And ofc arctic parrots, lots of those flying around here in real life. Not that i would make that up just too see it in the game, i promise. xD;) Caves could have yetis that would be kinda cool aswell :) 

Edited by andr0id88
  • Upvote 1

I like it!  And the random places of wonder could be things like igloos and snowmen.

dog sleds, reindeer sleds, skis, snow shoes, arctic parrots, some more fur clothes like a cape or shoulder thingie...  

i like the white wolves a lot (at least to watch :)  )

arctic islands (finaly found one today..) could have northern lights in the night?

Looks really nice! We might indeed add something like that at some point.

Northern lights in the night: actually that is already on our todo list :)

• Upvote 1