Sprout

Allow 'PAUSE' in Singleplayer

Question

Please allow a PAUSE key in singleplayer. Sometimes i need to leave the game to care for family members, and i do not always know if it is for 1 minute or 10 minutes

• if i DON'T log out to main menu, i either get killed by a wolf or literally STARVE as there is only a relatively brief window between "Hungry" and "DEAD" if i can;t get back right away
  • if i DO log out to main menu, I have a long wait to load everything back up again -or- as happened in my last game, I come back to find it  stuck on the SAVING screen 

If makes me frustrated and I end up just closing the game and playing something else

I googled hoping there already was some secret PAUSE key but could not find anything

EDIT: maybe opening the CODEX can pause the game in singleplayer mode.

Edited by Sprout
  • Upvote 9

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

I agree, but for now you can quickly climb a nearby tree. It won't save you from starving but it will protect you against predators. ;)

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

That is already planned :) - as long as you're along in your world opening the ingame menu will pause the game in one of the future updates.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

On 5/22/2017 at 12:33 PM, Aleš Ulm said:

That is already planned :) - as long as you're along in your world opening the ingame menu will pause the game in one of the future updates.

So, 2.5 years later, how do we pause in singleplayer?

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2019 at 1:27 PM, Sprout said:

So, 2.5 years later, how do we pause in singleplayer?

Well, I tried the in-game menu thing (the gear icon one) like suggested elsewhere and that clearly doesn't work.

It seems wrong that it was stated in a different thread that it was coming "in version 0.5 or 0.6" and yet here we are years later, at version 1.1.1, and this is still not available.  It's not like it is a complex concept, and it already seems like everything is frozen in time in the editor so clearly the code supports it.  I have seen other suggestions made by players that got implemented, so it doesn't seem like the devs ignore the players across the board, so it boggles the mind that this particular issue is still outstanding.

Unfortunately, the Pause feature got pushed down the line with other pressing features that needed implementing, but we are stil lworking on it and it will be coming in one of the next couple of udpates. Hopefully, 1.3 or 1.4 but with the current situation in our country and worldwide we're not sure how implementing features will go, so please have patience with us.