Sign in to follow this  
revisoryvirus

Here are some bugs

Question

Hey. I experienced a few bugs today, this is what happened. (single player exploring)

My ship had problems with turning, and I didn't notice before I was stuck on a shoreline. Because I almost couldn't turn, I didn't back up. So I started digging my ship free.
My rope ladder on the left side of the ship suddenly loosened from the ship and went through the sand, I could just spot it, and when I clicked on it, I got teleported to my other rope ladder on the other side of the ship.
All I could do was to break it while it was still visible. (after a relog my ship was able to turn quickly again)

Later I found "trasure" beneath the ocean. I got a lag-spike and died by a shark. I spawned by the nearest yland(Should I not spawn at my starter yland?)
I made a raft and found my ship when I climbed the rope ladder on my ship the screen turned white, but I could see the head of my avatar. A short while after I was suddenly on my starter yland, I did not die.
I made a new raft and found my ship again, but the same thing happened.(should have done a relog, but I was too tired to try again)

Edited by revisoryvirus

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi! I'm gonna try to provide answers to all the issues you mentioned.

Regarding the ship turning issues, before that did you place something on your ship, like a computer you found in the ocean? If so, it's a known issue.

The teleporting ladders it's a known issue, it will be fixed in the next update.

When you die in the ocean you respawn on the closest yland.

It's the first time I hear about the white screen, can you provide more details? It was completely white, or...?

On 10.1.2018 at 10:46 AM, Ane said:

Regarding the ship turning issues, before that did you place something on your ship, like a computer you found in the ocean? If so, it's a known issue.

I found a computer in the ocean but did not place it. I may have placed something else on the ship though. I went down deeper and got killed by sharks.

On 10.1.2018 at 10:46 AM, Ane said:

It's the first time I hear about the white screen, can you provide more details? It was completely white, or...?

So I got killed by sharks, respawned on the nearest yland, made a raft back to the ship.

I was in 3rd person view when I clicked on the rope ladder. It looked like he used the ladder, but went out of bounds or something.  It was not solid white, it looked like I was flung into the air (or out of bounds....). It kind of looked like the sea texture but washed out(and white).  My model was gone except the forehead. After maybe 4-5 seconds I was back to the starter yland (not the one I made the raft). This happened 3 times, and I logged off. When I logged off I got an error message. I would have screenshotted it, but the message was behind the crashed game, and I didn't bother to try, (it was pretty late). But got a glimpse of it, it said something about a folder(not much to go on I know), and I should report this to the devs. Wish I had a screenshot of it now, I'm sorry.

I played again the day after, and I had no problems.

Edited by revisoryvirus