Sign in to follow this  
Darkhog

Player-created paintings

Question

How about a possibility, aside of premade paintings, to add ability to make your own in-game? You'd craft an empty canvas, a brush, various paint buckets and water to clear brush. By using brush on paint bucket of specific color, you'd get ability to paint with it on a canvas. You can clear painting by using brush on water bucket. If you want to mix colors, you'd use brush on a bucket of paint in different color without cleaning brush first, resulting color would be mix of all the colors brush was used on without cleaning it in ratios proportional to how many times each color was used. So e.g. when you use clean brush once on blue paint and once on green (ration 1:1), you'll get yellow. If you then keep using brush on green paint, you'll start to get first greenish yellow (ratios 1:2, 1:3 ... 1:5) and then yellowish green (1:6...1:10). The colors would be mixed like paint would, not light.

As for painting process itself, I'm thinking about something along the whiteboard in Duke Nukem Forever.

• Upvote 1

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

I like this idea. But I think some interface instead of buckets would be better. You would mix the colors already for the painting, and the interface could do something like little painting program. Because when you try to do something like painting normally in game it ends in the best way only like that Mona Lisa.

Then you'll end up with mediocre MS Paint. With my solution, it'll be actually immersive and fun to use/play with, just like rest of the game.