Sign in to follow this  
Aleš Ulm

Sneak Peek #32

Hey there, fellow ylanders!

Unfortunately, we're still not allowed to share with you information about something that has kept some of us quite occupied for some time now, so that thing will have to remain a secret for a few more days...

Before we get to talk about specific features, there's a crucial thing that I feel we need to mention.

We would like to thank you for providing us with the feedback (we keep getting more and more of it which is awesome). Those of you who watch what's going on in our forums and what game updates contain have probably noticed that we do take your feedback seriously and the game gets directly affected by it. Just to name the most recent changes and fixes - a discussion you started has lead us into adjusting how respawning works in the upcoming update; your reports about troubles with ships that got stuck in shallow waters/on shores has resulted in the improvements you will get as well with 0.4.
So again thanks and keep the feedback coming because it helps us make the game you'd like to play :)

Fallingfromship.gif

Disadvantages of falling from your ship :D 

Aaaand since I mentioned respawning, let me tell you something about that. Before we are sure about how the new, improved respawning system should work, it will stay the way we're introducing in the upcoming 0.4 update, but we already know what needs to be added. What isn't probably obvious now is, that although we're always talking about "respawning" to use the term that is widely acknowledged, for us when a character dies and you decide to continue playing, a NEW character arrives in the world. If for the sake of continuity you leave both the character's visuals and name unchanged that's perfectly fine, but to us, it's still a new character. 

Why does this matter?

In the future, we want to make sure each game you start has a "history." It will be a place set in time - your first character will arrive at a certain date and later when he or she dies, a new one comes. You will be able to see your world's history - all who lived there. How long they lived. How they died.

We want you to be able to see both the story of your world and stories of each of your characters as well. We want you to be able to share them with others. To tell stories about your awesome accomplishments (and epic failures :)).
Something like this won't become available in one update, but we'll start with some basics (very likely in 0.6), and we'll keep improving it based on your feedback until we're happy with the result.

So this is it for now, there will one more Sneak Peek before 0.4 is released, and until then - you have a great time, ylanders, and stay classy!

Looking fowerd to 0.4 :) and the "project X" you are working hard on. 

Already working on that "survival /captain's log" will not be  a daily notifiction but more a write up of what I have done during a few hours of playing Ylands explorer :) first post should be up this weekend ;)

• Upvote 1

Hi Ylanders,

I'm also looking forward to the updates and am intrigued as to what 'Project X' could be!

I too hope to share very soon a record of my first Month in Ylands.

Have fun Ylanders! :) 

• Upvote 1

On 26.5.2017 at 2:22 PM, Aleš Ulm said:

abcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabc

I just saw it appearing infront of my eyes letter-by-letter, have you been hacked?

1 hour ago, h2stipandav said:

I just saw it appearing infront of my eyes letter-by-letter, have you been hacked?

It's just a forum bug :)

• Upvote 1