Sign in to follow this  
Mesh333

Are all raw materials guaranteed in each Explore map?

Hi Ylanders!

I have a question about finding raw materials, iron, cotton, flux, Ylandium etc.

Have you managed to find (at least a small quantity) of all the different types of raw materials in each Explore map you have played?

I know I am missing at least one type of ore and have found no Ylandium, I think I have visited every Yland (6 total) in my Expore map but have yet to explore every cave system... I shall keep looking but do wonder how others are getting on? Do we know if every material is available to find in each Explore map?

Happy exploring! :) 

The plants like cotton en flux can be planted, break the plant and you wil get 3 seeds, plant those seeds and harvest them, break again and plant and so on until you got the quantity you need + a bit extra for backup (to seed again wen needed).

Ylandium should be in a cave somewhere, I just had a huge cave and what I only found was 2 Ylandium crystals, but a massive amount of mutated leopards and killed them all for the mutated bones (break and you will get Ylandium dust). 

Ylandium is 1 of the resources you will find rarely unfortunately but each explore map will have Ylandium and you just need to find it, and yes that can be a bit frustrating. 

And you can also find some Intel in this topic: Coal @Aleš Ulm als gives the answer that they are/were working on a good distribution for the resources wich still needs some tuning ;)

• Upvote 1

V helpful thanks A3_Melle.

If the distribution of resources is currently a bit 'tricky' (as read in the coal thread) I'm going to ask specifically:

Where has any one found Salt Petre?

I'm fairly sure I have been over all the surface of my Ylands but I haven't found any, it sounds possible I am unlucky and don't have the correct biome spawned... any ideas?

• Upvote 1

I have not found saltpetre on my Yland yet, but in the past I found them just below te surface on a Yland, building my new accommodation first after that I will be heading out on the sea, looking around on my Yland made me see alot of birds in 3 directions so new Ylands are near ;)

• Upvote 1

i have found salpetre both on the surface and in caves. tho it seems that the surfaceing veins are often linked to a vein showing in a tunnel nearby.

i'm not sure about this, but it feels that i found it more often on rainforest and oakforest ylands (i found just one birchforest yland, but it had salpetre as well). take this with a  grain of salt.

• Upvote 1

I've found salt peter quite a bit on many of my islands :) Also qutie a few caves seem to be hidden underground, the same goes for veins. Guess you just gotta go minecraft style and make some mineshafts.

• Upvote 1

The first time I found salt peter on the surface I thought it was just a flint vein, was surprised when I mined it and found out it was salt peter

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the tips fellow Ylanders!

I shall keep exploring, it is very possible I've 'skipped' past some from the sound of it! ;)