iron.helix

Editor Ylands and Caves

I've been searching the forums and probably looked right past it, but do Ylands created in the editor have caves?  I wanted to try to build a HUGE Yland, so I set the land mass to max and I now have a land mass that feels more like a continent...  Now I have a game going and for the life of me though, I can't find any cave entrances. I was able to get a map going and I have a huge section of the Yland searched, and no caves.  Which means no Ylandium dust to build all the fun toys with.  I also noticed that there are no special little spots scattered throughout the area, you know, those abandoned secret areas with a bunch of little treasures to help you on your way.  Not that I miss the death rock, but finding the paintings and old camp sites were kind of fun.

But the caves, are they there and I just need to dig down to them, or do caves not exist in the editor Ylands yet?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Edited by iron.helix

I have not really been busy with the editor yet but buildinga "new" Yland would possible also mean you have to build your own caves, maybe wenn content creating and sharing is possible people can upload "finished" caves for other to use and place in the editor, maybe 1 of the devs or other users of the editor can give a correct answer if you need to create your own cave or if it is preset on your Yland in the editor. 

Mm I should probably tell you now that when creating a game in the Editor caves are not generated, or should I wait for you to spend some hours looking for them? :P The same goes for the random encounters.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Miguel Preguisa said:

Are you considering to add the option for them to be generated in the editor? 

Yes :)

• Upvote 2

Nah, I already spent a few picks and shovels digging down into the underworld thinking the cave entrances just weren't generated correctly...  I did find some diamonds and other fun items, so not a complete loss...  Looking forward to when the option to generate them is added into the editor, will make it a complete adventure...  The problem with creating your own is...  well, you know how they are set up and what is down there, most of the fun of the game is venturing into the unknown and seeing what you can find.  Looking forward to the future updates, thanks everyone for the answers