Sign in to follow this  
WijkagentAdrie

UNDER REVIEW Moving water problems

Question

I'll call it "moving water": when you dig a canal to your island or you explode a barrel on the ocean surface, the water will be slightly lower and behave different. At the coast it will be a bit higher than the land with weird edges, the water level is lower which means that the rafts and tiny boats float ABOVE the water (magic :D) and you can clearly see the line between the normal ocean water and the new water. In the 2nd picture you can see the coastline in the background also act weird.

Ylands_170527_045547.png

Ylands_170527_052946.png

• Upvote 1

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

I can confirm this bug! I have the same thing on 1 of my earlier explorer missions.

I've been thinking about this, and 50% of the problem is the actual water physics which needs tweeking, the other 50% is the way boats "float", as can be seen in this bug: https://ylands.com/community/topic/854-ships-floating-in-mid-air/

It seems that ships simply float at a certain level/height, instead of reacting to water. I'm gonna do some more tests to see how this works :) 

Adrie

I've confirmed my findings that boats seem to float at a certain height/altitude instead of on water. I went to the funfair and place multiple boats and rafts in the lake next to the dam and all boats immediately sank to the bottom as if there was no water there.

Also in the edit I've added another example. Before I made the hole in the background the part in the foreground was all covered by water. Now it's not and the edges of the ocean are weird.

Adrie

Ylands_170527_072128.png

Ylands_170527_075055.png

Edited by WijkagentAdrie