JaBreaker

DEV ANSWER I can't Play Ylands

Question

my problem is I can't play Ylands because my launcher stops Downloading game bin.It stops downloading around 16% the highest percentage It downloaded was in 36%.I even tried deleting :C/Users/Appdata/Local/Ylandslauncher.It downloads but somehow stops again.but if I close Ylands when its stops downloading it stuck at 0%.What should I do?

18 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hello, let's see if we can get you to play Ylands :)

At C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Local\YlandsLauncher there are two log files - YlandsLauncher.log and YlandsLauncher-previous.log - would you please attach those here? 

• Upvote 2

Can you please try the following?

Go to the game install folder (> Launcher). Right click on YlandsLauncher > Properties > Compatibility. Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select Windows 7 and the one that says "Run this program as an administrator". 

Let me know if this doesn't help!

BTW I'm letting you know that mine is a trail version

I'm going to buy Ylands when it's going to be realeased in Steam:D

BTW when I read the debug folder in the Ylands launcher this is what it said [0602/170518:ERROR:resource_bundle.cc(720)] Failed to load C:\Users\AMD A10\AppData\Local\YlandsLauncher\tmp\resources\qtwebengine_devtools_resources.pak
Some features may not be available.
[0602/170519:ERROR:resource_bundle.cc(720)] Failed to load C:\Users\AMD A10\AppData\Local\YlandsLauncher\tmp\resources\qtwebengine_devtools_resources.pak
[0602/171348:ERROR:resource_bundle.cc(720)] Failed to load D:\Games\Ylands\Launcher\resources\qtwebengine_devtools_resources.pak
[0602/171349:ERROR:resource_bundle.cc(720)] Failed to load D:\Games\Ylands\Launcher\resources\qtwebengine_devtools_resources.pak
[0602/171705:ERROR:resource_bundle.cc(720)] Failed to load D:\Games\Ylands\Launcher\resources\qtwebengine_devtools_resources.pak
[0602/171705:ERROR:resource_bundle.cc(720)] Failed to load D:\Games\Ylands\Launcher\resources\qtwebengine_devtools_resources.pak

I think this might be the problem (I think).

Well it manage to go to 17% I think it's fixed I'll let you know if It stops again in 36%

• Upvote 1

Hi, it seems like the connection between you and our CDN is very slow. I'm afraid we can't advise anything else than keep trying. :( What is your usual connection speed?

• Upvote 1

Launcher should download about 600 MB of data, so if we assume 300 kB/s speed, it should be downloaded in a little bit over half an hour. Does it take significantly longer?

• Upvote 1

Ok I'll try to wait and yeah it takes longer it's in 20% now and I think it's more than a half hour when I installed it again

Edited by JaBreaker

Well I guess waiting was the solution after allxD

sorry if I waste all of your times:(

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, JaBreaker said:

Well I guess waiting was the solution after allxD

sorry if I waste all of your times:(

Awesome! I hope you enjoy the game :) 

• Upvote 1

Now the problem is how to fix glitchy graphics

It's just black screen with buttons I thought it was normal but when I play I literally see only Black Screen then I press esc it has buttons with box as letters

What should I do????

If you're running windows 7, check these threads:

If that's your issue and you run intro trouble applying these fixes, I'd gladly help.

Edited by h2stipandav
  • Upvote 1

On 03.06.2017 at 6:16 PM, h2stipandav said:

Если вы используете Windows 7, проверьте эти потоки:

Если это ваша проблема, и у вас возникли проблемы с внедрением этих исправлений, я с радостью помогу.

У меня так же, не могу найти решение проблемы

Well after having my computer being reformat Ylands in now working great for me btw the game has gorgeous graphics and the soundtrack is kinda making think about how wonderful life is and it touches me.10/10 Ylands is a great game and If it comes out in Steam I will purchase it.

• Upvote 1