The Joker 66

Launcher Failure

Question

Hello,

I registered and install the setup.exe but when I run the launcher there is only a white window and a LOGIN button on the down right corner.

When I click on LOGIN nothing happends and a CANCEL button appears and the left down corner.

I can't do nothing :/

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

What type of video card do you have? Some of the older ones like GT240 do not support a high enough DirectX version.  

You also need DirectX 11.1 installed on the computer. Some Win7 computers need an update before they can run DX 11.1

please note that apparently if you have a laptop with "switchable graphics" of both Intel and Radeon, there is a special download you need to apply at the end of that page.

is there an error log in your YLands folder?  Or do you know how to generate a dxdiag report and post it here?

(Go to START, RUN/Search, type "dxdiag" (no quotes), enter, click on SAVE ALL INFORMATION, then drag that file here -or- open it in notepad and copypaste

It's most like a graphics issue, as long as it is not a hardware issue it should be easy to fix.

Minimum requirements

OS:Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (64-bit Operating System Required)

Processor:Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.60GHz processor

Memory:4 GB RAM

Graphics:discrete DirectX 11 GPU with at least 1GB of VRAM

DirectX:11

Hard Drive:1 GB

If you are not sure how to tell what you have, the dxdiag report should help us spot any weak area.

We can walk you through the steps if you get confused, so just ask.

Edited by Sprout
  • Upvote 1

This is the log:

[0606/191042:ERROR:resource_bundle.cc(720)] Failed to load C:\Program Files (x86)\Ylands\Launcher\resources\qtwebengine_devtools_resources.pak
Some features may not be available.

Hi. Sorry for the troubles! Launcher uses OpenGL, not DirectX. Also, this log is Qt's, the correct log is in local app data (%appdata%\..\Local\YlandsLauncher), files names YlandsLauncher.log and YLandsLauncher-previous.log. If you send us these logs, we'll be able to investigate your issue. :)

Ah,I am not too familiar with games that use openGL for some functions and DirectX for others ... 

Or are they in the process of switching from DirectX to OpenGL in order to be more cross platform friendly? 

Maybe this is the "exciting surprise" to bring more people to the game, they are going to aim for linux, mac ..  and consoles?