WijkagentAdrie

Adrie's server

Hello guys! I've decided to host a dedicated server so we can start trying and enjoy the multiplayer experience.

You can find the server in the list, it's called EXPLORE and the host is Wijkagent Adrie

THE BOTTOMLINE IS TO HAVE FUN TOGETHER AND TEST THE GAME! 

PASSWORD IS HIDDEN IN THIS POST, IT'S 7 LETTERS WHICH ARE BOLD, UNDERLINED. THEY ARE IN THE RULES SECTION.

https://discord.gg/a2NxZqG

As there is a finite amount of space and people tend to destroy nature we will start with a fresh map every now and then - I will announce this. This will likely be whenever new updates require us :) Like in Dayz, please don't get too attached to your gear and the stuff you have built, there will be bugs, problems, accidents and the occasional fresh map change.
There will be events (pvp? boatrace?) every now and then, also I'm looking for people to do tests with, for example comparing speeds for different sail setups on boats.
Server hosted in Germany.

Because I can't be on 24/7 policing the server and because there is a finite amount of space there will be a few rules and a password which you can find in this post (Find all bold letters, it's 8 in total!). I hate serverrules and admins as much as you do, yet to keep it fun for everyone they are necessary.

Server rules:

SPAWN ISLAND BELONGS TO ALL OF US, PLEASE KEEP IT NICE
Please put signs at your place! This prevents confusion as to what is yours and what isn't.
Don't destroy all trees/crops of a certain type, especially on spawn island,
Don't build too close to other people, if you want to do so ask the neighbors first,
Don't claim large plots of land, discuss this with me first,
Don't do large "terraforming",
No stealing, but please don't leave your stuff for grabs,
Mild swearing allowed, don't get personal,
Explosives: I understand you need these for weapons or to destroy parts of your own buildings since there won't be an annihilator. Please use the appropriate power for the task and don't stockpile too much explosives as you'll end up on my terrorism suspect list ;) 

PVP only on/around the PVP island. PVP includes, cannons, players etc.
Don't shoot INTO the PVP area, also don't shoot OUT of the PVP area.
PVP area is fair game, griefing, "terraforming", swearing etc. allowed. Wanna try to stresstest my server with 1000 tnt? Go ahead! Keep it there however.

PVP island is the island which is 2 islands east from the spawn islands. I've surrounded it with pirate flags to let you know you're there. Picture of PVP island:

Ylands_170902_192626.thumb.png.dd77486526391af2fa6f5764972d0837.png

This is my server, all rules & decisions I make are final. I intentionally left the rules vague, common sense should prevail. Always remember we are just testing the game!

That's it for the rules! I hope to see you all soon!

Edited by WijkagentAdrie
  • Upvote 4

The server wasn't powerful enough so I'm currently awaiting a CPU upgrade to make things more smooth! Will be back on ASAP! Also, nothing in this world will stay for the moment since saves will go corrupt every few hours/days, so we will be changing worlds regularly. Please tell me if the server crashed and you can't log back on, that means we're gonna have to start a new world.

Adrie

• Upvote 1

The server is back up with a new map and double the CPU speed! Loading times are already at least 10x faster and the CPU doesn't seem to struggle as much. If there is any problem with the server please send me a private message on the forums and I will check it a few times during the day while at work to fix it for you :) 

Because there is now a new map there is no designated PVP island yet, I will pick one as soon as the savefile corruption problem is fixed and we can start building a nice server!

Enjoy all! 

Adrie

• Upvote 2

We're back up with a new map! I will be spawning back animals manually on a daily base, yet please don't hunt more than you need :) Hope to see you all back again!

Adrie

The server sounds like a great way for some fun testing. I'll try joining up there and probably discord in a little bit! 

I want to join but there appears to be no place to place the PW..... I get to the recalling building notification and it gets to 100 percent but then I just sit there.... Im sure Im missing something..... any help?

Ok now that I have read the post there is no PW... however I still cant get into the server.

Edited by Jim Facciolli
update that I read the post.

17 minutes ago, Jim Facciolli said:

I want to join but there appears to be no place to place the PW..... I get to the recalling building notification and it gets to 100 percent but then I just sit there.... Im sure Im missing something..... any help?

Ok now that I have read the post there is no PW... however I still cant get into the server.

Heya! The server currently crashed due to a known bug. Also, this weekend I will be massively upgrading the server from a 2,4ghz shared CPU vps with 12GB of ram to a fully private dedicated box with our own 4ghz quad core with 32GB of ram. Expect some MAJOR performance increase! I will as always keep you people up to date on when it's ready :)

Adrie

• Upvote 2

Hey there,

i hope your server will be running again soon.

Seen it on the server list and now im waiting for it to be back up.

Greetings

Judge

8 hours ago, Judge-_Dredd_90 said:

Hey there,

i hope your server will be running again soon.

Seen it on the server list and now im waiting for it to be back up.

Greetings

Judge

It's back up again!

I've ordered the new server. Had to get a different host because the one where I wanted to order couldn't get what I wanted.

Serverspecs now:

i7 4770, 3,4ghz

32GB of ram,

240GB SSD.

This should definitely be good enough for now :) I've just done some quick testing and there is no more lag when picking stuff up, it all goes instantly. Will keep an eye out on stability, if it crashes please send me a message in the discord, on the forums or add wijkagentadrie on Steam!

Adrie

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, WijkagentAdrie said:

It's back up again!

I've ordered the new server. Had to get a different host because the one where I wanted to order couldn't get what I wanted.

Serverspecs now:

i7 4770, 3,4ghz

32GB of ram,

240GB SSD.

This should definitely be good enough for now :) I've just done some quick testing and there is no more lag when picking stuff up, it all goes instantly. Will keep an eye out on stability, if it crashes please send me a message in the discord, on the forums or add wijkagentadrie on Steam!

Adrie

Nice! That should keep you going well beyond the current 10 players limit.

Sent you a PM as it appears the server went down last night (1130pmish EST). Tried this morn (time of this post) nada. However I did see the server in the list of "saved" games but I saw others that were gone. So maybe its the connection across the ocean or some such since I am in the US?

Uhm im stuck at "Downloading game data from server" :(

Aaaaand the discord invite link is not working anymore.

Edited by Judge-_Dredd_90

On 18/06/2017 at 1:09 PM, Judge-_Dredd_90 said:

Uhm im stuck at "Downloading game data from server" :(

I have the same problem here.

Restarted again! If anyone has any experience with installing remote desktop over webbrowser that would be useful, then I could fix the server from work during my breaks :) 

Adrie

1 hour ago, WijkagentAdrie said:

Restarted again! If anyone has any experience with installing remote desktop over webbrowser that would be useful, then I could fix the server from work during my breaks :) 

Adrie

"Breaks" ....... sure.... ;)

However and I dont know your line of work but that appears to look like VPN/Tunneling and may set off some bells and whistles on the network security logs.

2 minutes ago, Jim Facciolli said:

"Breaks" ....... sure.... ;)

However and I dont know your line of work but that appears to look like VPN/Tunneling and may set off some bells and whistles on the network security logs.

If I would have the skills to monitor a server during my job I'd get a raise ;) And I'm thinking that by making it over webbrowser it might actually be alright, normal RD doesn't work indeed.

Adrie

Hm what about RD on your smartphone?

All you need is some kind of ticket system where the users can contact you and all you need to do is log on your server and do whatever needs to be done

46 minutes ago, Judge-_Dredd_90 said:

Hm what about RD on your smartphone?

All you need is some kind of ticket system where the users can contact you and all you need to do is log on your server and do whatever needs to be done

That's a very legit idea, gonna check how much data that's gonna use :) 

Adrie

I've been having a look at spawn Island and I'm very impressed! People have been building as a group, have been playing together to build themselves a nice camp. To all of you who participated, well done! :) Ylands_170623_194050.thumb.png.fa27c84ce341f97f9dd75fb7f8e59624.pngYlands_170623_195804.thumb.png.a4ef935b35c6c5652985a0fe497de704.pngYlands_170623_195807.thumb.png.c1c9089cb5a4d9959e2b400a6d079f6d.png

• Upvote 1

Hey guys! I'm temporarily shutting the server down until next hotfix/patch, because as it is now it just freezes too often, which leads to disappointment among players. As soon as we can play some playermade scenario's or the servers are fixed I will be back for some coop ylands fun! :) 

Adrie