Ane

Translation - How to check my texts in the game

Dear Ylanders,

Because we want to make easier the life of those of you translating Ylands, we are releasing a feature that should allow you to see in real time the progress of your translation. This way you can check in the game right away if the word you translated fits the in-game context or if the term you are using is too long for it to fit, for example. This is available as of today's update (09/03/2016).

So what do I need to do to see my text in the game right away?

1 - Go to the Ylands project in Crowdin, select your language and click on the 3 dots next to the file you want to check

2 - Click on "Download Translations"

Download_translations.thumb.png.ed432729

3 - Copy the file(s) you just downloaded (Base.nl.csv for the Dutch version, for example) and put them in Steam\userdata\<steam_id>\298610\local\Localization (if the Localization folder does not exist, create it)

Localization_folder.thumb.png.2a69dad336

Now the game should load your file(s) instead of the original ones.

4 - First of all, add the "--translator" parameter in the launcher - right click on the Ylands shortcut and open Properties and add the parameter in the field "Target" (without deleting what's already written there).

If you're running the game on Steam, go to your Steam library, right click on Ylands, open Properties, click SET LAUNCH OPTIONS button, enter '-translator' (without quotes).

In order to see the Russian texts, you need to add the "-testrussian" parameter.

5 - If everything went well, the next time you launch the game you will see a message letting you know that your texts are being used

Main_menu.thumb.png.8fd2ab95a611fbb70b75

6 - If you switch the language to yours (Dutch in this case), you can see the progress that has been made so far

Let's say you wanted to check the word "Hoofdinstellingen" and you are not happy about how it fits.

Dutch.thumb.png.bc6d0ddcf935be8b221b7935

7 - You go back to the file (Base.nl.csv in this case), you change the word to EENHOORN (or whatever word you want to use), and if you exit/relaunch the game (after saving the file) you will see the change there

Dutch_change.thumb.png.be93fc51fd5d8b850

Take into account that for the changes to really apply to the game (and be loaded with the original files) you will have to make those changes in Crowdin.

Note: the files need to be deleted/re-exported after the game is updated with the new version. 

Let me know if there's something unclear or if you have any doubts!

Ane

Yay! This will make the translation process so much easier.

Thank you for the update. Let's get this game translated! \:D/

• Upvote 1

Hi Agentwolf88! 

I'll send you more info via PM :) 

Pouvez vous mettre un lien direct vers le project Ylands sur le site crawdin car je ne le trouve pas. Merci

Le lien pour le projet est ici: https://crowdin.com/project/ylands
Je ne suis pas certaine, mais je crois que si vous n'êtes pas membre du projet vous ne pouvez pas le voir. Si vous voulez faire partie du projet, écrivez-moi un message privé, s'il vous plaît :)   

Quant j'arriverai à faire fonctionner les premières traduction faite déjà... J'ai tout stocker dans document/Ylands/localization... mais rien ne change... arf.

Bien le bonjour en tout cas :) J'espère pouvoir t'aider du mieux possible.

• Upvote 1

Oui j'y ai bien accès. Mais impossible de les voir en jeu.

Je viens de recevoir un message d'Ane qui précise que la traduction en jeu n'est pas visible pour le moment car la langue n'est pas encore activer.

Mais que d'ici peu de temps ça arrivera.

Tu as déjà tester la trad Française en jeu toi?

Non, je suis à l'aise avec l'anglais écrit/lu/écouté, mais je traduis pour ceux qui le sont moins. Il faudrait aussi revoir mes traductions pour apporter le petit grain de sel, ainsi qu'une correction si il y a lieu.

Je vais visualiser tout se que tu as déjà traduit et j'apporterai ma petite touche personnel si besoin ;)

@Ane i tried to find Ylands on Crowdin but got no luck, or is it a "closed project" and i need a invite link?

1 hour ago, A3_Melle said:

@Ane i tried to find Ylands on Crowdin but got no luck, or is it a "closed project" and i need a invite link?

Yes, you need an invitation, I'm gonna write you a PM :)

• Upvote 1

On 08/12/2016 at 3:38 PM, Black Marx said:

Enfin un français supplémentaire qui pourra m'aider dans la traduction!

Hello, et encore un français en plus :) Que ce jeu est beau et palpitant ! 

Je serai ravi de participer un peu à ma modeste mesure, a bientôt peut-être ?

Salut !

5 hours ago, Judge-_Dredd_90 said:

Do i need to create a new folder when i wanna check my translations into german?

German is not implemented yet, we'll let you know when you can check your texts in the game :)

@Ane

Hi there same problem here... I am Italian (native language).  If you need help translating please send me a PM.  I can also help in Spanish (Fluent).  Thanks!

22 hours ago, Lupowop said:

@Ane

Hi there same problem here... I am Italian (native language).  If you need help translating please send me a PM.  I can also help in Spanish (Fluent).  Thanks!

We'll be having an official Italian translation!

im reperblic of south koean. I need a Korean teanslation. If not, I would like to tanslate it myself

Hello, i have a few questions and propositions about Russian language:

1. How can i fix font's size of it language, and when developers make a fix for this issue ?

2. How can i help you to translate game into russian language ? Have any questions, write me on PM )

3. There is no numbering on the quick access panel, and there no any numbers of stacked items in inventory cell's.