Question

I killed a Leopard and picked up its loot, the skin item model when in hand goes through the characters body. (Looks Hillarious, had a good laugh)

Also the meat, your character holds it in the center of the meat, would be a lot better if you held it on the bone.

To be honest there was a lot of item models that clip through the character model.

The hit box for the spear is very off I think, tried to kill my friend but couldn't hit him at all, but he could hit me easily with a stick.

I went on the explore game mode only and I made a raft to try get to another island, but after being at sea for 5 whole minutes of travelling I didn't find another island. Not sure if that's because they haven't been added to the game yet. 

I was playing online with my friend and created a "server", but we had to make it with dashes or with the letter "A" at the start because there is no scrolling function on the server finder. It also goes straight off the screen because there are too many.

I think something that could be added to the game is (once you select an item you want to craft and it shows you the materials) you hover over the materials and a "pop-up" tells you an example of where you can find them, because I had difficulty finding things and had no idea what I was doing really.

I have finished the time trial and will be buying the full game once I get paid, really hope I can help with any feedback I can give because I think this game has a lot of potential.

I would have added screen shots of some of the things I mentioned, but I didn't think of it at the time.

• Upvote 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

21 minutes ago, Fish720 said:

I assume there going to fix some of the models as they go into EA but you cant fix 100% of item clippings and yea I had a few laughs the first time I picked up a piece of meat. It was about the size of me!

I went on the explore game mode only and I made a raft to try get to another island, but after being at sea for 5 whole minutes of travelling I didn't find another island. Not sure if that's because they haven't been added to the game yet.

I was playing online with my friend and created a "server", but we had to make it with dashes or with the letter "A" at the start because there is no scrolling function on the server finder. It also goes straight off the screen because there are too many.

I think something that could be added to the game is (once you select an item you want to craft and it shows you the materials) you hover over the materials and a "pop-up" tells you an example of where you can find them, because I had difficulty finding things and had no idea what I was doing really.

Currently the islands just like spawn in right in front of your face and the only way to really find them is to use a map (to keep track of you) and look out for birds in the sky (means island).

They said there fixing the server browser bug asap in a thread on the forums (cant remember which one).

Yea I agree, when I first started I could only find one piece of flint so I had to spawn the rest in. The crafting needs to be made way easier or the wiki needs to be updated and some dev resources put towards that. They have some tier system currently and if they keep that I would really like to have another tab or something in-game that showed you every item and the recipe.

Edited by Turner_

Little help for the other Ylands (Island) to find wenn going to sea: birds love to have land near them, look for birds in the air and go in that direction. And yes the Ylands do love to pop up last minute wenn you get close to them. 

The community Wiki did get a start by a community member, it was discussed recently again on the forums to pick that up again, there only were a small group of dedicated players the last few months, currently I have spend a lot of time on the dutch translation for Ylands, I might set that to a second track and try to pick up the wiki as first priority in stead of the translation. 

34 minutes ago, A3_Melle said:

Little help for the other Ylands (Island) to find wenn going to sea: birds love to have land near them, look for birds in the air and go in that direction. And yes the Ylands do love to pop up last minute wenn you get close to them. 

The community Wiki did get a start by a community member, it was discussed recently again on the forums to pick that up again, there only were a small group of dedicated players the last few months, currently I have spend a lot of time on the dutch translation for Ylands, I might set that to a second track and try to pick up the wiki as first priority in stead of the translation. 

Can any one help with the wiki or do you need perms? I'll help if anyone can edit it.

1 hour ago, Turner_ said:

Can any one help with the wiki or do you need perms? I'll help if anyone can edit it.

It's a public wiki so everybody can contribute, you do need to be a registered user :)