Aethelis

Stylish Feedback

Question

hey,

finaly had time to try the new update.

just started a new yland but already found lots of vein on the surface (iron, copper, coal, sufur, clay and flint) thats very handy, cool.

not sure if it is new, but to me the bamboo hut is a new location to be found, cool.

and the animals... the predators are a treat to a new character, a panther chased me halfway around the island.. a nearby panther awoke and joined the first with which i was battling.. a jaguar jumped me while digging up some clay, it had been sleeping on the other side of a hill..  score is 2:3 for me atm (they realy didnt want me to get that clay).. and i'm a bit scared to go out at night again!

that is cool too, even with a straightbow i found it was challenging (well, i guess i'm not that great a bowman in the game as it turned out..).

like it a lot so far!

• Upvote 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

the chase with the panther was hilarious...  i just spawned new and started to pick up a couple of branches and stones when i realized, that the spawn was also near the clay vein.. the panther that killed me was already closing in.

desperatly picking up some grass while fleeing i tried to stop several times when the beast was out of sight, to make some ropes. but everytime it came anew and it took quite a while to craft the weapon and knock the panter down.  glad noone filmed that :D

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Aethelis said:

hey,

finaly had time to try the new update.

just started a new yland but already found lots of vein on the surface (iron, copper, coal, sufur, clay and flint) thats very handy, cool.

not sure if it is new, but to me the bamboo hut is a new location to be found, cool.

and the animals... the predators are a treat to a new character, a panther chased me halfway around the island.. a nearby panther awoke and joined the first with which i was battling.. a jaguar jumped me while digging up some clay, it had been sleeping on the other side of a hill..  score is 2:3 for me atm (they realy didnt want me to get that clay).. and i'm a bit scared to go out at night again!

that is cool too, even with a straightbow i found it was challenging (well, i guess i'm not that great a bowman in the game as it turned out..).

like it a lot so far!

I've found simple melee items and dayz style sidestepping to work great! Stone hatchet should take them out easy :) 

i like the new planting speed! 

it got me the first time tho, as i planted and destroyed the seed in one go, as i didnt expect it to be that fast :D

just for my understanding, was the requirement for the string raised to 3 cotton due to the extinct drying rack, or because the planting got faster?

then i have a wind chest.. i built two bamboo chests in the bamboo hut and each time i open one, a rather loud wind sound is played..?

also, when i dig into a hill side to mine a vein, ore and other stuff is dropped on the surface on the hill, not in the mineshaft where i dig. mostly at least, a couple of stray chunks still drop in the mine.

i had this in previous versions of the game too. its not that bad, as it can be used to "map" tunnels and mark oreveins on the surface, but i guess its not wanted ;)

Hi.

The requirement was raised because of the absence of drying rack.

The bamboo chest sound is a known bug, it should be fixed in the next update :)

And at last, the chunks of ore dropping somewhere else is a known bug, which we are working on.

Thanks for the feedback

• Upvote 1