Sign in to follow this  
Wildust

RESOLVED Leather map reset bug (Multi)

Question

Hi,
We're actually 4 players in a session coop for exploration game.
We work a lot on our boat, and got a navigator who gives direction with map. Problem is only the host player's map doesn't reset after a deconnection. Each time we reconnect, all other maps reset and it's very annoying in order to progress on the exploration stuff (especially considering our host doesn't want to do the navigator...)
Is the bug known and a fix is soon to be released ? 

Another anoying and probably known bug is every player non-host putting an object on a ship (vehicule?) cannot see the object until he reconnects to the server. 

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

It's a known issue. I've had it happen to me when I was playing with a friend, who was hosting. His map would be fine, but mine would reset if I relogged. Admittedly, it really sucks, as it makes it so you are kinda worried about venturing out on your own and completely losing your way if you have to relog.

While I don't claim to know how the game handles maps and the saving of them, I think they could relatively easily remedy this by making it so that each map, crafted or otherwise spawned, has it's own ID number and the progress of each map is saved to a file with said ID. However, since it seems everything is saved to a singular, bulk file, it's harder to judge how the game handles saved information. As a former admin of a defunct [modded] Minecraft server-cluster, I can vouch for how bad a bulk file for all information can be a bad thing. But I digress. It would probably require a bit of a rework to how save files are handled to hopefully fix this issue.

im curious how this bug is doing on progress of being fixed. this bug is very annoying but there are ways around it with making island direction marks on islands. i usally use dirt in the shape of an arrow or the path of a seagul

It's not a quick fix, so it probably won't make it into the next small update. We're aiming to have it fixed by the 0.7 update.