Darkhog

So this is coming to the Early Access...

10 minutes ago, Darkhog said:

Will people who bought it on Incubator like me get a steam key?

One of the devs has answered it, the answer is yes :) I have made the part where he says it bold:

On 10-6-2017 at 2:41 PM, Aleš Ulm said:

Hi there, fellow ylanders.

This post is going to be a tiny bit longer than usual, but it‘s quite important that you read it.

First, let me tell you what is it that we've been working on so hard for the last several weeks. There are two awesome new features that will be coming out in 0.5, but we actually had to have them in the presentable state way sooner than that. Why? Well... because we need to show them in a video. In a very special video. In a really cool new Ylands trailer. 

With the trailer being finished the only question is when do we show it to the general public. What about E3? No, wait - what about one of the most important PC gaming events of the year, the famous E3 PC Gaming Show? Yes, exactly, that one! We are SO excited about being part of this show; about having the privilege of talking about the game and showing the trailer to around 1 million live viewers!

If you get the chance to watch that (for more information see http://www.pcgamingshow.com) you will get to see the two new 0.5 features in the trailer, and then let us know in here how you liked them!

pcgamer2.jpg

PC Gaming Show & Ylands. Monday, June 12 @ 10 AM PDT. Soooo excited! 

Now let's move to another pressing topic at hand. Some of you have asked, "when does Ylands enter Steam", so let me tell you what we‘re going to tell anyone at E3:

Ylands is coming to Steam later this year. 

We used to say "summer" - so why now, instead of giving you a solid date, we're coming up with an even more vague time frame?

Because we‘ll be coming to Steam a couple of months later than expected. The truth is that right now our team is growing real fast and we have enough resources to address most of what you were asking for/unhappy about in our forums before we get there. Some might say that since we‘ll be entering Steam Early Access things don‘t have to be perfect - and they would be right. But Early Access or not, we want to get there all shiny - and that we will :)

Now you may think "I was looking forward to playing Ylands on Steam soon and now I get to discover that my favorite devs have promised something they can't deliver. What a shame..."

Come on, it‘s still us, your Team Ylands! Ok, you know what? Since you are our favorite players and because we like to keep our word, we‘ll do our best so that you can play the game on Steam even before it‘s officially released there. How about that? ;)

Seriously though - I don‘t want this to sound like we‘re doing you a favor because it does come at a cost and it‘s only fair to say it as loud and clear as possible. Not only we‘ll let you play the game on Steam; we NEED you to do that... because in the end, we decided to keep only one version alive - the Steam version. The launcher will cease to exist, and playing Ylands outside Steam won‘t be possible. 

steam.png

Hm. Did we want to have Ylands on Steam or Steam in Ylands? Not really sure right now...

So what happens next?

In the upcoming weeks, we‘ll start sending out Ylands Steam keys to our players (if you bought the game you don‘t need to do anything to get it). As soon as you get one you will be able to play the game on Steam regardless of whether it has been released (yes, that does make you special in a way). You will still be able to play the game outside Steam through our launcher until we terminate it, which will happen in less than two moths (we will provide you with the exact date later). From that moment you will be able to play via Steam only.

We understand that you bought the game outside of Steam. So far we haven‘t met anyone who would have a major problem with moving over to Steam, but it‘s possible there are some among you. We are sorry, but we can‘t fully support the game both on and out of Steam (I won‘t explain into detail why here, but I can discuss that elsewhere if anyone‘s interested). So if you‘re one of those who‘d rather not use Steam at all contact us and you will have the full price of the game refunded.

We will be announcing it on others occasions, and at some point,  you will get to see it mentioned in the game as well. Please feel free to ask about anything that is not clear or needs to be explained in detail... or just tell us what you think, because we want to know.

That's all and so till we meet again - you take care, ylanders, and stay classy!

• Upvote 1