magicturtle25

RESOLVED Player Model, Items, Inventory, and Crafting not saved

Question

Hello,

Just wanted to start by saying this is a fantastic game and the fact that all the devs are so responsive to issues on here is awesome! Really makes me glad to support your company.

Anyways, unfortunately I ran into an issue today when trying to play. I logged in and my character did not seem to be saved properly. It looks like it reset to a default character (no clothes/hats/etc.) I had also been hosting a multiplayer game and when I log in to that I don't have any of the items, neither inventory nor action bar, or crafting recipes that I had when I last logged off. Other players can log in successfully and they seem to have all of their items still. I ran into an issue with loading games yesterday so I tried deleting the BadLoadBackup folder (a solution recommended on the forums) and that seemed to work, as far as loading goes. Not sure if that could have caused this issue, as I logged in and out a few times yesterday without issue and this just started happening today, but figured it was worth mentioning. I attached the output_log file so hopefully that helps, and please let me know if you need any other information from me and I'll try to give it to you. Thanks!!

output_log.txt

• Upvote 1

15 replies to this bug / suggestion

It happened to me also. And i had a lot of stuff in the character. Everything gone. Even the hair of the poor guy was missing hehehe. And the crafting feature seems to have have bugged out.

@magicturtle25

Seems a NullReferenceException in .cpp code.

Btw log file is located in GAMES_FOLDER\Ylands\Game\Ylands_Data for anyone who reads this.

output_log.txt

Me lost hair :P

EDIT:

Now i was putting some dirt to fill a hole and went through the earth lol and im falling into to the abiss and void LOL

Edited by Henrique Crachat
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Mars Snapper said:

I had the same thing happen to me and It keeps happening to all my saves. Was your name set to unassigned?

Yea so far it's just this one that I've seen. Everyone else on the server is totally fine it seems which is weird. I don't think my name was unassigned... Where exactly would I check that? 

9 hours ago, Henrique Crachat said:

It happened to me also. And i had a lot of stuff in the character. Everything gone. Even the hair of the poor guy was missing hehehe. And the crafting feature seems to have have bugged out.

@magicturtle25

Seems a NullReferenceException in .cpp code.

Btw log file is located in GAMES_FOLDER\Ylands\Game\Ylands_Data for anyone who reads this.

output_log.txt

Me lost hair :P

EDIT:

Now i was putting some dirt to fill a hole and went through the earth lol and im falling into to the abiss and void LOL

LOL that is unfortunate, but yea I encountered the same male pattern baldness as you :P i had a bunch of stuff on my guy as well unfortunately. Not the end of the world but would be nice to get that back. I'm guessing all of those NullReferenceExceptions are referring to all of our items. Not sure why that would happen all of a sudden as there was no update as far as I can tell. Hopefully we can get all of our stuff back eventually. Did you do anything weird or change anything about the server or game before this happened?  

Nothing but the name of my character was a default one "yoko" .

Hope we can get all the stuff back.

So I have no idea what has happened in the last 24 hours but it's really odd. Yesterday I was streaming the game and playing with a few viewers. We were having issues but I figured that was probably due to me hosting a dedicated server on my streaming PC and it doesn't really have enough 'resources' for that.

Today the game was just unplayable. I gave up on hosting a dedicated server and decided just to host a local game for some people to join. Even that would not work. My character was unable to drop items, place items in storage and when I died I was just stuck dead. I was stood still unable to move with all my loot on the floor. Everyone else however was fine. Their game worked perfectly.

I would really like to figure out what has happened so I can get back to streaming the game because honestly, this game is a lot of fun. It's perfect to play with my viewers.

4 hours ago, magicturtle25 said:

Yea so far it's just this one that I've seen. Everyone else on the server is totally fine it seems which is weird. I don't think my name was unassigned... Where exactly would I check that? 

I just saw it when I was getting ready click my save to load, I noticed my character name had been set to "unassigned".

2 hours ago, Mars Snapper said:

I just saw it when I was getting ready click my save to load, I noticed my character name had been set to "unassigned".

Yep actually I just checked that and mine said unassigned as well. Wonder if something got screwed up with character loading.

3 hours ago, Aindo said:

So I have no idea what has happened in the last 24 hours but it's really odd. Yesterday I was streaming the game and playing with a few viewers. We were having issues but I figured that was probably due to me hosting a dedicated server on my streaming PC and it doesn't really have enough 'resources' for that.

Today the game was just unplayable. I gave up on hosting a dedicated server and decided just to host a local game for some people to join. Even that would not work. My character was unable to drop items, place items in storage and when I died I was just stuck dead. I was stood still unable to move with all my loot on the floor. Everyone else however was fine. Their game worked perfectly.

I would really like to figure out what has happened so I can get back to streaming the game because honestly, this game is a lot of fun. It's perfect to play with my viewers.

Yea definitely, I've run into a similar issue on my own servers. Might just not be perfectly optimized yet, which is understandable. I'm sure some of these issues will get ironed out as the game is out for longer.

This should be fixed in the hotfix we just released:

Can you please let me know if you're still having issues?

• Upvote 1

On 2017-6-19 at 11:56 PM, magicturtle25 said:

I ran into an issue with loading games yesterday so I tried deleting the BadLoadBackup folder (a solution recommended on the forums) and that seemed to work

Hi, I'm not sure who recommended that solution, but never ever delete this directory. It contains backups of saves that couldn't be properly loaded for some reason. Deleting this directory means deleting the only way to recover your saves if something goes bananas.

11 hours ago, Berzeger said:

Hi, I'm not sure who recommended that solution, but never ever delete this directory. It contains backups of saves that couldn't be properly loaded for some reason. Deleting this directory means deleting the only way to recover your saves if something goes bananas.

Hi Berzeger,

Yea I figured there was something important in there and that was probably not the best solution, but it worked at the time so I just ran with it. I will definitely not do that again in the future though, thanks for the advice!

11 hours ago, Ane said:

Hi Ane,

Thanks for the reply. I am able to load games successfully as of now, it looks like everything I had is still in my inventory. Not sure if you meant the freezing issue on load, that seems like it went away, or the items that I had being correct when I log in again. After I logged in and saw that all of my items were missing I continued playing for a while and have gotten new items/recipes and such but all I have gotten since that original bug is still there.

I don't even know if its possible but could my character be restored to where it was that day? If not its no big deal as I was certainly not that far into it and like I said I have gotten new items, but just wondering in case something like this happens in the future. Thanks again for all the hard work!

12 hours ago, Ane said:

My problem is resolved. Thank you so much!

• Upvote 1