Sign in to follow this  
drymelon

DayZ exchange program?

The hour in the trial was nice, it convinces me there is quite a bit of content here albeit overwhelming in the plainly presented yet branching crafting system. Being presented with the opportunity to build big ass boats has me excited but it seems a bit off there in the progression of things, basic quality of life survival items like torches seem lost on me. Like how the crafting option for the flint tool to start fires only appears if you have two pieces of flint. However I do suppose later on there would be more of a tutorial like introduction when you load up your first game of exploration.

What would be very nice is if I could exchange one early access Bohemia game for another!

We have tried to make the crafting quite welcoming but maybe we could go even further. So you would say when you have one flint, it should already show you how to craft things made from a flint, right?

As to exchanging games, all our Early Access games are selling from the beginning at a discounted price to reflect the nature and possible issues of Early Access development. Dayz launched to Early Access for 24 Euros, Ylands is now selling for 10 Euros / 10 USD (will be more on Steam).  Both games would cost about 50-100 percent more in their final releases. But as always, there is never a guarantee that any piece of software would turn the way you want it to be and on time you would feel is acceptable so I think unless you are prepared to face the uncertainties and frustrations of early access, it is much better not to get a game that even us as the developer feel is no really finished.

2 hours ago, drymelon said:

However I do suppose later on there would be more of a tutorial like introduction when you load up your first game of exploration.

And as for this, you can download a tutorial level in our Workshop (https://ylands.net/asset/8) that should teach you the basics of the game and help you get started :) You also have a Codex available in the game (F1 by default) with several tips regarding the various features in Ylands. And if in doubt, you can always ask here! :)