Sign in to follow this  
Reuvil

Moving stuck boats - Terraforming underwater

Question

There needs to be a way to move a boat other than forward momentum under sail.

Example, you pull up to an island too close and a large sand bar extends out from the island, blocking you from moving forward without getting stuck on it. 

1. Raise anchor and allow wind direction to blow the boat in the direction of the wind, so you can drift away from the island, with favorable winds.

2. Allow "spin in place" movement under low/no sails.

Which brings me to the 2nd part. Water voxel deformation through destruction of under water land.

I had to dig a 100 yard path through 2 layers of shelf just under water to free my ship.  

ANY terraforming of underwater land blocks caused a massive distortion of water voxels.  Air was being trapped against the bottom, huge areas water would not fill properly, etc.

Any digging underwater or near shore causes water voxel distortion that is unsightly and whos physics are no longer that of normal water.

Water needs to be more.... fluid.

Thanks

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Yeah I ran into the distortion issues trying to make a mote around a structure built on a peninsula. It looked very strange.

I believe they will deal with that issue in the future, as the game is still in alpha they most likely have more important content and issues that needs dealing first, and then they can polish all the details in the game