Re-fund

Will update require new game?

I heard theres going to be an update in 1-2 weeks, I was wondering if it'll require us to start a new game for the update? Because of the last update...protective barrier and starting a new game to acquire it (I know that in the end we didn't have to)

Hi,

no new update will (unless we discuss it with you first in advance) require you to start a new game. However, if you'd want to experience all the new features (and potentially find randomly generated places with NPCs) for that you would have to start a new one. I want to talk about this a bit more in one of the upcoming Dev Diaries (probably the one coming out the next week).

The update with NPCs (0.7), however, is going to be released in the first half of February. What you're referring to is probably 0.6.3 which will contain mostly fixes and will be released sometime next week - starting a new game for that wouldn't result in any new/extra content.

The simplest way I've found to add something new to an existing game is to edit that same game in the editor and add new content (if you can't access that new content) I've bothered about this before, but the game is very flexible in this matter.