Aleš Ulm

Dev Diary #26

I'd like to see a Bookcase (Container) that works a bit like the magazine rack in fallout 4 if you're familiar with the object.

Place books in the container and they appear in the bookcase neatly without having to freeplace. I hope others agree with my suggestion. Keep up the good work guys, Love the game so far! (Bugs are to be expected)

• Upvote 3

On 1/12/2018 at 2:16 PM, Imager said:

Adding trains with railways would be so cool. Keep up the good work on the game!

Dang! Yes! How awesome would trains be!!!!!!

check out stardew valley and how the character uses food to replenish his energy, eating food only for staying alive renders almost all food useless as you can have just roasted meat and use only that to stay alive 

Edited by Chris Young Noize G.

As always - thanks a lot for your suggestions! :) 

I'll just quickly address some of "bigger" ones (but even smaller ones count - actually we already have many of what Krzymuffin suggested in our internal todo list etc.).

Putting flying vehicles/hot air balloons int the game:  hmm... I think we can do something about that ;) 

Trains: at some point, we actually considered adding trains before adding cars. Having trains is definitely possible, but when we introduce those, we want them to be more than just means of transportation. Eventually, we would like to start introducing features that would let you automatize some tasks (any Factorio fans out there? ) and trains will play a big role in that. So long story short - trains will be added, but it will take some time.

Ships: we will be adding more types and parts in the future

Host unreachable issues: no, unfortunatelly I don't have anything new at this point. We are still looking at it and it still remains among our top priority issues. I will keep you updated (if not sooner, then in this Friday's Dev Diary ).

Shooting while riding a horse: that was possible several months ago but went away as we reworked the character controller and animations. We definitely want to make it work again soon.

Easier picking up of things: we are already working on something, but it will probably be a part of 0.8, not 0.7. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

thanks for this information!

one question: are there plans to fix the "game crashes when removing energy nodes/streams under certain conditions" bug? it's completely preventing my group from supplying our new harbor with electricity, because it's quite a massive electrical grid, and now we have a situation that the game always crashes (even in the editor) when we remove some parts of the energy grid.

Energy nodes crash: so far we've checked all the logs but we don't see anything that would explain that - we'll probably need a save. Do you think you could provide us with one and short description what we need to do for the game to crash? That would help us very much, thanks!

about fighting from horse back open inv right click on sword and it equips idk how else to equip something to fight while mounted haven't tested it with lance only with egyptian sword :P

I forgot one of my biggest ideas! I would LOVE a blueprint system for compositions saved in the editor. I FINALLY came up with a ship design I like. I could very well just build it again in every new save, or I could import the composition from the editor. Saving it as a composition is great, but I don't want to drop in a "free" ship. Having the blueprint could be a ghost image of the build, and you have to add the resources to it, or have them on hand to build it. 

Funnily enough, this is something we have discussed earlier today during our daily design talk. We would definitely like to add something like that rather soon.

• Like 2

I'm back again with another suggestion. (I apologize, I tend to forget ideas until they come up again, or think of them after posting haha). This time, a snap-to-grid mode for placing crafting stations, furniture, etc. This is not a replacement for free place, as that is still very useful and works well. Instead, this would be a secondary mode that snaps the pieces with the grid. I had a painful time getting my blacksmith station JUST right, into a corner. This would also be helpful when building the crafting stations BEFORE building around them. Plenty of times, I've placed objects off by a hair, and had to either dismantle them, or alter the build.

Edit: additional bed variations. double beds, sleigh beds, etc (fancier beds). they could use hay/feathers for a mattress, in addition to the regular materials ;)

Edited by Krzymuffin
additional idea

1 hour ago, Aleš Ulm said:

Energy nodes crash: so far we've checked all the logs but we don't see anything that would explain that - we'll probably need a save. Do you think you could provide us with one and short description what we need to do for the game to crash? That would help us very much, thanks!

thanks for your reply. i will try to make that happen. how can i get you this file? would a download link be ok? our save is a little bit over 60mb already.. :-)

20 hours ago, Abraham Villalobos Jaimes said:

And don't forget about allowing players to fire while riding a horse (both handguns, bows and crossbows).

This and open the map while riding, it drives me nuts having to jump on and off my horse to read my map when exploring

• Upvote 1

sorry, sorry. me again. Was there any intentions to add more of the creative items to explore? (such as the present boxes and otherwise unavailable assets).

You already have  mutant animals hiding in caves because of the Ylandium... how  about  mutant sea creature   near  sunken wrecks or  other places that have  yalandium generators...  like giant  squid?  they  could  drop a  ylandium  bone  which  can be    ground to powder  and use  in a  ylandium refinery. perhaps a mutant  bat  near the floating  cube...:S

The  addition of  harpoons/spear-guns  for  underwater  defense  would  be needed in the underwater scenarios

Also would be   nice if the map could be read while  controlling a ship ..  without releasing the helm..

Edited by kimbuck

Very nice list. I see a lot of items from my own list addressed. Except one that I thought might make it to 0.7:

Protective Barrier - protect from terrain edits.
Protective Barrier - added to the editor so that custom MP maps can provide protection too.

I would like to be able to use the water what I mean is making rivers or a waterfall.  building a fountain and adding water, or a well and adding water :)  also more roofing pieces please

• Like 1