LunaPlays

RESOLVED [YLD-8409] Ship Parts Bug

Question

We are just building a map full of explorable locations and discovered that you can not erase the ship parts for the front and back of a big ship if you drop them on the ground. We tryed in editor and in the normal explore mode by annihilator and hammer, nothing worked to get rid of them. I also tryed different ways in the editor of erasing by right clicking the object and go on delete and by pressing the remove key on the keyboard, they got invisible if we went out of render distance but were back when we logged back in. Ship Hullaft, Ship Hull Fore can not be deleted if you drop them on the ground!

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

24 minutes ago, Ane said:

Can anyone else confirm this?

Yes I can confirm this issue, I tried in creative mode, place the hull fore on top of the land, try to delete it with annihilator and "Failed" notification pops out. That notification disapeared so fast, not able to catch it in Screenshot. Also I tried to delete the hull fore in Editor but it still stay there and I can feel the object (not walk-through able).

20180115204514_1.thumb.jpg.12c7c894c706c83b159868132baa56ef.jpg

20180115204814_1.thumb.jpg.ac0761fd7cd92461da0f20ad137e2482.jpg

sorry for dark screenshot, I load last creative mode, and try to reply this as fast as possible. So I don't have time to sleep ingame xD

Edited by Velocifer
  • Thanks 1

Well,

I cannot built ships for now, because my game crashes after I build a ship. Just next time I try to download game and my ship is around - game keep crashing all the time, so I can travel only with boats. :( So, I cannot confirm ship problems yet, except for what I've seen on Youtube - many peopl on Youtube (for example Keralis), report that some items built on ship cannot be destroyed in any way. Nothing helps - editor is not helping too.

Also, I can confirm that grid on ships isn't working properly - bricks and items are often few millimeters offset (and sometimes you can see that only after realoading savegame). You can try to destroy it all and hope that next time it will work properly. I'm not sure if this can be the problem, but I realised two things (I couldn't confirm it, because my game crashes after building a ship, as I mentioned earlier):

-It seems that anchor down or up makes big difference. Probably anchor up is causing problems building ships at all.

-Also, FPP, however very useful, seems to mess up with grid - I guess, because in FPP ship is reacting to your moves, jumps and weight of the bricks. Yes... placing brick, for example timber or jumping from a mast can cause ship to move, rotate or, in my case, even caused my boat to turn upside down. It's very realistic and I like it and hope it will be not removed, but during ship building it's a big problem.

BTW. Reagarding boat flip ups - it's realistic too, but we should be able to save our small boats somehow, without editing the game.

If... you are not planning to implement naval warfare and sinking ships - and I hope you are planning to do so... So, better let the ships sink, than not at all... Sunken ship is a tragedy, but underwater expeditions to retrieve treasueres of sunken ships would be epic!

I'm used to see invisible or unreachable things here and there and I'm waiting for a patch, but I can confirm this:
-There are random things, mostly withered plants, that cannot be destroyed or removed (it's so common I'm not even try to edit game for it). But, there are also things that seem to be out of place at all: stone letter "H" (I saw this three times already - impossible to collect or destroy - it not moves, just floating above ground if you dig it out). Also, there are lanterns like that - just levitating in the middle of the air. You cannot collect, remove or destroy these too. During digging ores it happens to me often, that sometimes lone ores are here and there: I cannot pick them up, I cannot destroy these, I can hit these (I hear the hit sound), but it changes nothing.

I guess monuments, old stone and sculpting workstations, electrical "things" (reflectors in bioms with Egyptian artifacts) are indestructable for a reason? Or bug? Or, these are made of super strong metal? - These are impossible to destroy too.

All the best,
Bartosz