leo_chaos

energy issues and limitations

Question

Is there a way to change the colour displayed on the display block ? currently it seems to be white when off and green when powered.

Energy seems to have a maximum amount of connections too, a large generator has 170+ energy remaining but cant power more than around 10 display blocks (I'm assuming) due to its other connections, a new generator with no other connections can power more blocks with no alterations to their connections apart from the generator they're connected too.
I've since confirmed something I mentioned in my list too, if I have 1 generator connected to a set up and has 5 drain, then add another generator it also has 5 drain so using multiple generators through an energy and connector is currently pointless meaning I could build 10 generators and power no more than I could with 1 and that we would need multiple generators and circuits across a build instead of 1 power location.

A couple of suggestions in the same area

• Charge gauge

A gauge on screen for any item being used that requires a charge, just a small marker with a needle showing from empty to full so we have some idea whats going on instead of having to check it in the inventory.

• Energy nodes/splitter etc (images included 1 generator without and node, then each generator through and node) (images showing how regardless of remaining energy in generator it stops flowing. Reason assumed to be the amount of connections)

These things are HUGE being able to connect multiples to a normal node would be nice, or its setting up a series of splitters to splitters to splitters to spread out the energy and they take up so much space and get so messy! The small switches also have no indication which way the levers going to move even though it only moves to one side. Either a smaller thing such as a 1x1x1 cube with 1 side a colour and 2 others another colour or show energy in/out rather than the current set up or a junction box of 2x2x2 (or whatever) where inside we can set up power connections and splitters without having them individually across our build.

• Cold energy

If you have ice blocks in the distance and an energy bean near you which you can look through towards the ice, the energy will appear behind the ice blocks.

• The recharger is enormous 

Not much about this really, it's just of gigantic proportions which makes it rather annoying, a bit smaller would be nice even if it's just height wise and its still the same floor space.

• Propeller pack is OP

As much as in some ways I love how easy it makes the game, perhaps just add a charge to it, even if its a high figure just so there's a chance it could run out and something so you still have to pay attention when you're using it instead of an airborne untouchable angel of death.

20180114205729_1.jpg

20180114210119_1.jpg

20180114210131_1.jpg

20180114210204_1.jpg

20180114210217_1.jpg

Edited by leo_chaos
added images

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

i connect  my power sources   via  OR gates ..i assume you are doing the same?

24 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

i connect  my power sources   via  OR gates ..i assume you are doing the same?

I used AND this was just a testing set up though, my reason for testing is in my main build I have a room I intended to fill with generators (there's currently 3) so theres an energy line to my building I can spread from there as one circuit instead of numerous ones, would the OR gate allow that ?
I've also had other limitations from where I was just testing (images) where 200 display blocks wont power from 1 generator node ones through a splitter to the first node of each board and ones just a straight connection (theres 100 display blocks per board)

EDIT: Just tested with and OR node they still drain equally the same as the AND one.

20180114211758_1.jpg

20180114211911_1.jpg

Edited by leo_chaos
tested OR node

13 hours ago, leo_chaos said:
  • Propeller pack is OP

As much as in some ways I love how easy it makes the game, perhaps just add a charge to it, even if its a high figure just so there's a chance it could run out and something so you still have to pay attention when you're using it instead of an airborne untouchable angel of death.

I believe it's rechargable in the Explore mode? If you take it from the Cube though (or start the game with it equipped, like in the Creative mode), its power is infinite.

2 hours ago, Ane said:

I believe it's rechargable in the Explore mode? If you take it from the Cube though (or start the game with it equipped, like in the Creative mode), its power is infinite.

I'm in explore and crafted mine but it has infinite power and no mention of charge on its info page

Oops, sorry about the wrong info, I really thought it was chargeable. The thing is that we'd like to make it chargeable, I got confused there :P

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1