chivas477

Suggestion-Difficulty Slider/Custom NPCs

Question

I know the game is still alpha and there's a lot of features that have higher priority and need more attention than the ones im suggesting down bellow. Just giving an idea for a feature down the line that would be interesting 

Was wondering for people seeking a more challenging experience, if the server host or a workshop creator could have a slider for Creature Damage% and Creature HP%(i know that in workshop you can change hp of mobs for each one, im talking about making it a global variable).

I know now it wouldn't make that much difference, i am just thinking about it as a future feature, when there is more variety of creatures and the existence of npcs.

For Workshop only: 

/-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

Custom Npcs and Dialogue options, make it possible to script a dialogue with an npc, like a rpg.  

/-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

It would make the game experience more customizable. The damage/health slider for creatures would make the game harder/easier, making servers more different from each other. 

A mod in minecraft that i really enjoy made this possible, you could script dialogues and change appearance, stats inventory, ingame in this case. Here is a picture of the minecraft mod, CustomNpcs.

21edity.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Thanks! NPCs are definitely planned and although I can't promise you will be able to do this with their first iteration, this is definitely something we want to have - the ability to use NPCs to create stories and interactive adventures (actually we are extremely excited about this - just to think how many unique games will the players be able to do with this...).

I am happy to hear that you have considered adding in NPC's for us players. This is something that can add a ton of content to our adventure, just having one or two of them on a specific island would greatly enhance the adventure... 

Maybe we could recruit this npc or he/she can become our enemy. I could see a lot of different stories that we could make with npcs... It would be awesome to see npcs roaming around and perhaps living on the island as we do, maybe we can trade with them, fight with them, build with them, and or go on an adventure with them to another island and make our own story... :)

4 hours ago, Aleš Ulm said:

Thanks! NPCs are definitely planned and although I can't promise you will be able to do this with their first iteration, this is definitely something we want to have - the ability to use NPCs to create stories and interactive adventures (actually we are extremely excited about this - just to think how many unique games will the players be able to do with this...).

Nice, it's good know it's on the plans :). I will wait patiently for the great future of Ylands :P