Excelsior

KNOWN ISSUE Linked account, lost all progress

Question

I decided to link my account that I was already using on steam and once I did that, I had to create a new character on my server. The old character is there and I cannot kill that character with anything. I have also lost all recipes, etc.

12 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hey Excelsior =) Yeah it did that to me too, but since i could access all the workshops, it didnt take too long to get back on track. Strangely though, i was able to kill my previous character, i wonder why you can not.

Another downfall to this is that I now have a 2nd protection barrier and no control over the original one at all.  The unique ID for the characters are different if I look at them in the editor.

Argh..I wish I had read this before. Today I linked my accounts together as well and have the same problem... I see my old character standing there..

Will look maybe I can fix this through the editor?

21 hours ago, Anniceris said:

Argh..I wish I had read this before. Today I linked my accounts together as well and have the same problem... I see my old character standing there..

Will look maybe I can fix this through the editor?

I found out you can probably get rid of the character by deleting him/her in the editor, he was selectable and I could delete him.

However I opted not to do it, the second time I played the game I could suddenly hit my old character, killed him and pried the good stuff of him. Now there's just a body of my former self resting in my homebase...

It is awesome that there is a thread here talking about linking the damn steam account, and not ONE MENTION of this bug.. If you can not tell, I am being sarcastic. 

Edited by renderin

Not sure if I understand your post.. because the bug is actually mentioned in this post (see the first reply), and a tag: 'known issue'. So actually I could have known about this problem beforehand. However damage is actually quite minimal, only some recipes need to be relearned but that is not a big hassle.

5 minutes ago, Anniceris said:

Not sure if I understand your post.. because the bug is actually mentioned in this post (see the first reply), and a tag: 'known issue'. So actually I could have known about this problem beforehand. However damage is actually quite minimal, only some recipes need to be relearned but that is not a big hassle.

There is another thread about the badge thing and getting the accounts linked.. I will live.

Just now, renderin said:

There is another thread about the badge thing and getting the accounts linked.. I will live.

Haha, glad to hear that. Wouldn't want it any other way. ;)

• Like 1

This happened to me as well, though the reason I mention is another side effect... You lose access to emotes you've purchased, though it does appear your coyn balance goes back to 4.600 which is what I believe you start with.