kimbuck

Please do not soften the game to a stage no skill is required

Question

At the moment, Y lands requires the player to  cultivate skills and knowledge,  for  both survival and  advancement.

I see suggestions to   "change this or  that"  that would make the  game  "easier" ...  but  do we want  that?

Fix the  bugs   by all means ,  introduce  new  challenges  and features,  upgrade features  animations  etc ...

But please  please please...  do  not  retrograde the game  by lowering the current  difficulty.

I like the game as it is ,  others apparently  do  too.  but if  it gets to the stage that its no longer a  survival/adventure/explore  game ...and   you start on an island  carrying an atomic  blaster  and wearing Armour, and  can build a shelter at the press of   one  key,  and   fly or teleport to other islands with no  skill or  effort  required......  well then   you will lose me as a player.

Ylands is an adventure  //explore / skill  game.  Please  leave it as such ...   from your  roadmap i see that is  your intention,  so please do not  yield to pressure and turn it  into a  low rate  anime/ childs play  style game 

Looking forward to  new updates...and playing  another  300+   hours of   adventure  skill and  survival.;)

• Upvote 6

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

I completely agree. Making the game easier will just make it more boring.

Personally, I think it should even get a bit more difficult by perhaps adding stamina (and needing to sleep), drinking water, etc... Not really important but I think it will add a bit more to the game.
Also the Propeller Pack should at least need fuel to run.

Anyway, I love the game and can't wait for future updates ;)

I agree that it should be about figuring things out and acquiring skills over time. However, I also feel that potential changes, like making the propeller pack chargeable, don't add to the difficulty. These kinds of things just make it a grind-fest. 

Things only being available on certain islands (like rubber) are good. It forces you to explore and figure out ways to leave the island.

Things like increasing the cost of certain items is bad. It makes people have to excessively grind for resources which takes away the fun. Obviously, a balance needs to be found here and will take tweaks over time.

I'm agree! early access is used for fixing bugs and introducing new features. Would be wise to balancing the game when it is near out of early access, not when you still need to add features and still have lots of bugs.

About infinite propeller pack, I think it is a bug, because it doesn't make any sense. xD To make propeller pack you need power cell, and anything that require power cell is should be depleted and rechargeable..  :P

I'd be OK with a difficulty slider I think, naturally Devs have to find a middle ground to make their software appealing to more people, but leaving it up to the player is the way to go IMO; that way I can make mine harder and Joe Shmoe down the street can just turn on God mode for an effortless Sandbox experience. 

Granted this type of system has been implemented horribly in the past, like FO4 for instance where it just affects how much of a bullet sponge you and your foes are. 

Edited by iinRez

im very new to the game, i wouldn't mind seeing a difficult function IE like 1 easy mode no bears or wolves attack you, 75% reduced damage, food drains slower, Tools and weapons durability is depleted slower.   2 is normal how it is now in game.  then 3 Hardcore mode at least 50% harder then Normal game is. food drains quicker, 25% more Damage done to you. perhaps more HP to trees and rocks and stuff. tools durability goes down quicker