Desolation

Multiplayer suggestions to make it more playable

Question

I love Ylands. Its a great game. However the multiplayer needs serious fixing.

Firstly, at the moment we have protective barriers which are great however they need to also stop others placing dirt, digging, planting etc... I started a new multiplayer map and spent a while making a nice house inside the protective barrier. Although people can't directly destroy the house, they can place dirt and plant trees. When I returned to my house it was covered in dirt which was obviously very annoying. The protective barriers need to stop others from also placing and removing the earth.
20180118150739_1.thumb.jpg.c0d7e0018b7dd536e17fe67baa019873.jpg

Second. I locked the door to my house and also locked two of the important chests just in case. No one should be able to take my stuff inside the locked house. However, when I returned the chests which weren't locked were all looted. I believe this is because people can look through the windows (and maybe walls) in first person and interact with things inside the house even though they are outside. This also must be fixed.
20180118150534_1.thumb.jpg.0e3b036d5f03b4fd2556210bed836c19.jpg
Lastly, I don't mind people attacking others since that is kinda part of the game but the combat mechanics in multiplayer make it very hard to hit others. When you click to attack, most times you end up hitting the ground even though they are right next to you. This means its very hard to defend your base as people can just run around you, and then cover your house with dirt ;). Which brings me to another point. When you do finally kill someone there needs to be a penalty of some kind. It's impossible to stop someone if they can forever respawn and keep coming back.

These are my suggestions. Feel free to give feedback,

Desolation

Edited by Desolation
Added screenshots
  • Upvote 1

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Unfortunately  with  MP games you will always get the  infantile minded  idiot whose sole ambition is to try and look smart by destroying  the creations of others.  Its because they have to steal and  destroy as they lack the intelligence and brain power to create anything,   and its  easy   for the  mentally lazy s to steal from others  than to earn it  through a  bit of  work.

Sadly  its   real life  infiltrating  games.   The people who do this  have  no future here...and in  the  real world.

All you can do is   persist,  and   provide  feed back to the developers  so they can block this type of  childish  behavior.

Good luck!^_^

• Like 2

I've been hoping for an update that will include terrain protection with the orb too. It's probably my number 1 complaint in MP.

The clipping/interaction issue is a problem for sure and one that has annoyed me many times. It took me a while to realize how people were stealing my stuff. But I don't think it can be fixed because I see this same issue in pretty much every game I play. The view clipping is also used by other players to find hidden underground bases, and to find caves and cave systems in order to get crystals. In time there will be "x-ray" mods for cheaters, just like the one that is used in Minecraft and that game has been around for nearly a decade now... still no fix.

The work around is to place containers away from walls and doors, the exact distance in blocks, I don't know yet. Or, you could lock every container, except for wicker baskets as they can't be locked. But this is so inconvenient because you have to manually unlock/relock every container you have while using them. This is also an issue for decoration... people can just grab bear rugs for example, or a sword hung on a wall. I get that keys are intended to be realistic in their usage. But sometimes we just need something to be good for game play, I'd rather use a key once on a container, and then have that chest bound to my character so that it is always locked but I can still open it, and without constantly using a key.

Edited by Whane The Whip
  • Upvote 1

It seams the latest update will fix the the PB by adding terrain protection! These updates and responses from the developers make me love Ylands so much more.

Now if only the first person clipping problem could be fixed ;).