Question

I love this game and love the exploration side of it most. But this last time I was in the process of building up a large ship. I was about 2/3 finished when I was launched into the air.  I was walking up stairs, wanted to jump one, and was launched into the air. When I came back down onto the ship I had lost three hearts and the ship leaned and shimmied to the side.  I hit something else and died, plunging to the bottom of the water.  That wasn't the awful part.  My ship was completely turned onto its side.  There is no way I can think of to fix this.  I don't mind dying because I have become a pro at recovering from it.  But I can't rebuild yet another ship. Can you please help me?  Can you at least tell me what the heck happened that makes sense?  My character has never been launched like that before today.

Attached are the files requested

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

I have encountered something similar...(others  too)  where if you  jump near the  bow of the ship you appear  to come onto  contact with the physics  around the   bow of the  ship and  you get a "real  kick up the butt"   shoot  skywards  and you  crash back to earth,  often   perishing in the  process.   If the  ships anchor is  not  down, the  ship will do   impromptu  ballet as well,   usually  righting itself    or   settling down  after a re-log.

The  sinking thing is  new though, and worth reporting.:|

I logged back into the game, in case relogging would fix the problem, but no joy.  It is still unusable as a ship.

I have started a new exploration game, and now I cannot make a usable ship at all.  I built a small ship, and could not out anything on it.  I then built a large ship, same thing. Whether the ship helm, mast, or large mast, it would wobble and sink the ship; which I then had to jump off and/or pull up the anchor.

NOTHING can be put on these ships, which make them unusable.  This has never happened to me before, but suddenly after having that first boat capsized, I cannot make a seaworthy ship.  This problem is making the game of exploration, as far as I am concerned, virtually unplayable.

• Upvote 1

Try placing some wooden beams on the ship first. I was having the same problem trying to place a large item on my ship. As soon as it got close to the ships grid, it would start rocking and sinking like a bathtub toy. I placed some wooden beams down, and then I tried again and was able to place the larger item. Maybe, it will work for you.