MisterPoop

RESOLVED [BUG] - Items can´t be activated while in control of a boat

Question

So i left the boat control with right mouse click, started to fly and went to main land to chop off some trees. When i tried to scroll through my items i got this message.

What can i do? 

controlboat.jpg

24 replies to this bug / suggestion

Is it the first time that happens to you, or did it happen before already? We'll check it out anyway, thanks :)

Just thought I would add to this. In the bug I reported previously the same thing was happening to me

Try an save game and exit to main screen, then continue, this has reset inventory etc bugs for me...

• Upvote 1

First time. Plus if i click the numbers that match the items in inventory also dont change. If i try to drag an inventory item to the numbers the message apears.

Hurricane43 i tried your aproach didnt work.

I really want a fix for this because i cant play the game now because i cant select/open/click nothing :(

I attached my save game so you guys can see. 

3.zip

Edited by Henrique Crachat

22 hours ago, SamMonahan said:

Just thought I would add to this. In the bug I reported previously the same thing was happening to me

Can´t see the image is not loading...

22 hours ago, Ane said:

Is it the first time that happens to you, or did it happen before already? We'll check it out anyway, thanks :)

First time.

I could really use a fix not even /unstuck works or resets the behavior of driving the boat. Any programmer have a command to fix this right now ? I can´t continue the game :(

Tomorrow we'll be releasing a hotfix that should make your save playable again. Thanks for your patience! :)

• Upvote 1

On 13/7/2017 at 4:24 PM, Ane said:

Tomorrow we'll be releasing a hotfix that should make your save playable again. Thanks for your patience! :)

Due to some technical issues this has been postponed until Monday. Sorry about that!

• Upvote 1

hurray :D

I read the fix's but none has the description of my bug :P ... i guess has other description

Unfortunately there were some technical issues with the hotfix and we had to roll back to the previous version until we figure out what caused the issues. I'm sorry you still can't play :(

1 hour ago, Henrique Crachat said:

Can´t any of your prorgammers test my savegame ? Like debug or something...

I think they are working on it, in the meantime, just a thought but have you tried using the boat again?

If not, maybe try this - Use the boat, exit game, load back in, exit boat control.

If that doesn't help then will likely just have to wait for the hotfix, they are working on ironing out a few issues so will likely be worth the wait.

*edit* never mind, I just tested that and some other things and the above doesn't fix it!

Edited by John - Ylanders

Can´t any of your prorgammers test my savegame ? Like debug or something...

Send me a copy of your save game, I might know how to fix it.

21 minutes ago, Shadow72 said:

Send me a copy of your save game, I might know how to fix it.

Scroll up theres a zip file 3.zip

Scroll up theres a zip file 3.zip

So far, I've tried various logging out and reconnecting methods, tried destroying both ships, tried destroying the floating forest, tried clearing some of the logs etc in large piles, tried suicide and re-spawning (new character just freezes and doesn't work, re-spawn works but doesn't fix bug!), with no luck!

Worth noting from my testing, the bug is not isolated to the ship's wheel, it is that no action is being taken until you log out (some actions seems to work still like climbing ladders etc), and then all actions are taken at once.

Further, you can eat and use items, though they do not show as being used, you can equip items to your hot bar, though they do not show up on the bar, until you re-log, it seems like everything is being halted, until whatever is causing the halting, is removed from the equation upon pushing the exit to main menu button.

One more thing worth noting - you have a whole heap of spawned flora on your island, so much so, that new plants are spawning way up in the air, and so are the logs and other drops etc from woodcutting. If you /additem propeller_pack (which works), and equip it, have a fly up above the forest and you will see what I mean!

Another thing highly noticeable - a large chunk of island is missing on one side (other side of the island from your home), and there is some major graphical issues going on, could also be related as if  you try to fly passed the missing section, you aren't able to.

I can't so far find a way to correct this issue, sorry!

Edited by John - Ylanders

For anyone interested I found a fix.

1. Create a backup of your savegame(You can find it in Doucuments/Ylands/SaveGames)
  2. Write down everything you have in your inventory and how much of it you have.
  3. Open Ylands Editor
  4. Click File>Open then click the games button. Select the save game and then click open.
  5. Find your character in the editor and delete him(He will be wherever you logged out at).
  6. Click File>SaveAs and then name it whatever you want(When you click save the box will still be open, just press cancel).
  7. Click File>Quit To Menu. You will now have 2 save games that are named the same, when opening them one will bring you to the editor and the other will bring you to a character creation menu, you want the one that brings you to the character creation menu. Create a new character and load into the game(You can delete the savegame that brings you to the editor).
  8. Give yourself all of the items you had in your inventory with the /additem command.

8 hours ago, Shadow72 said:

1. Create a backup of your savegame(You can find it in Doucuments/Ylands/SaveGames)
  2. Write down everything you have in your inventory and how much of it you have.
  3. Open Ylands Editor
  4. Click File>Open then click the games button. Select the save game and then click open.
  5. Find your character in the editor and delete him(He will be wherever you logged out at).
  6. Click File>SaveAs and then name it whatever you want(When you click save the box will still be open, just press cancel).
  7. Click File>Quit To Menu. You will now have 2 save games that are named the same, when opening them one will bring you to the editor and the other will bring you to a character creation menu, you want the one that brings you to the character creation menu. Create a new character and load into the game(You can delete the savegame that brings you to the editor).
  8. Give yourself all of the items you had in your inventory with the /additem command.

Ok ill try it and give feedback... thx

8 hours ago, John - Ylanders said:

So far, I've tried various logging out and reconnecting methods, tried destroying both ships, tried destroying the floating forest, tried clearing some of the logs etc in large piles, tried suicide and re-spawning (new character just freezes and doesn't work, re-spawn works but doesn't fix bug!), with no luck!

Worth noting from my testing, the bug is not isolated to the ship's wheel, it is that no action is being taken until you log out (some actions seems to work still like climbing ladders etc), and then all actions are taken at once.

Further, you can eat and use items, though they do not show as being used, you can equip items to your hot bar, though they do not show up on the bar, until you re-log, it seems like everything is being halted, until whatever is causing the halting, is removed from the equation upon pushing the exit to main menu button.

One more thing worth noting - you have a whole heap of spawned flora on your island, so much so, that new plants are spawning way up in the air, and so are the logs and other drops etc from woodcutting. If you /additem propeller_pack (which works), and equip it, have a fly up above the forest and you will see what I mean!

Another thing highly noticeable - a large chunk of island is missing on one side (other side of the island from your home), and there is some major graphical issues going on, could also be related as if  you try to fly passed the missing section, you aren't able to.

I can't so far find a way to correct this issue, sorry!

Yes the game is pretty corrupt because i started the game before the hotfix correction related to the pile of trees in the air. Also i lost my character when the game went corrupt. Needs work the game ;)

On 19/07/2017 at 0:23 AM, Shadow72 said:

3. Open Ylands Editor

Well i was trying this but the editor started in my first island and my character is on another island. So is it possible to automatically go to the character instead i have to wonder around to find it?

Btw any word on this bug fixed ?

Im having this issue,  ive played for 40 hours on the same game this is the first time it happend. i cant open chest or anything i can eat and drop my items, i did what they said could fix the issue in the post by deleting my character with no luck,  if you have a fix please let me know thank you.