Aleš Ulm

Sneak Peek #44

First, I love Ylands!   But I still have a problem, I disconnect A LOT, it is always when I open my inventory or try to go through the crafting lists. I wanted to send you the crash files but I am computer stupid, so could not even find them. I heard from someone else that there may be an issue with older Raedon cards, I have one, so this could be the cause. Anyway, just sayin' love the game .. can you fix my issue? Please and thank you. 

ugh... tonight it is a crash fest, have not been able to stay in the game for a full ten minutes at a time. 

Edited by raurio

plans to add seasons: yes, we would like to have that. That being said it will be a lot of work and we first need to get Ylands to a better state so if this is added it won't very likely be this year.

animal AI issues: we'll look into it, thanks!

until you have hit your 10-12 then you need to start a new game: in a few months we'll be releasing a whole new world you'll be able to enter once you progress enough in the first one so you will have a lot more to explore. This is also an answer to the question if new animals are planned - yes, they are :)

Hostile NPCs: in the upcoming 0.7 there will be only friendly NPCs (we are redesigning the combat system so hostile ones will appear sometime after that is finished). When they are added you will be able to find some at those random encounter places and if you kill those, they will be gone. We are planning to create things like occasional pirate raids so there will always be someone to fight :)

@raurio I'm sorry to hear that :( Don't worry about finding the logs - we'll contact you over PM, tell you what to do and answer any questions you might have. 

• Like 2

i saw somewhere on the forums that you have planned to change the propellant backpack... any chance to leave it how is at the actual stage of the game and not rechargable? i mean, is perfect how it is right now without any gasoline or similar...

How about  camels  for the  desert Ylands ...:P   Maybe a dromedary or a  bactrian or   two?:D

(Listens  to the rattle  of keyboards while  people google the  difference...B| )

Unfortunately, when playing Exploration game it really is overpowered at this moment when compared to the rest of the objects and it also creates a problem for us when expanding the gameplay so we'll have to fix that. However, when playing in the Create mode you'll still have infinite fuel.

Camels: sure, that would be cool (...and I'm off to google what a bactrian is :) )

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aleš Ulm said:

Unfortunately, when playing Exploration game it really is overpowered at this moment when compared to the rest of the objects and it also creates a problem for us when expanding the gameplay so we'll have to fix that. However, when playing in the Create mode you'll still have infinite fuel.

is understandable... anyway keep going the amazing work!

i entered the Keralis contest and if i don't won one of the 10 keys i'll definitely bought one on my own!  i need to play this game, sounds really promising!!

• Like 1

another question, i don't know if it was already answered before... could be possible to make Ylands procedural? (and maybe endless map aswell?)

1 hour ago, Tanker751 said:

another question, i don't know if it was already answered before... could be possible to make Ylands procedural? (and maybe endless map aswell?)

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think setting up a creative map and a map with the editor is procedural, this is because you can set things like the island size, count, and height, and then enter a seed from which a randomly generated world is built.

In Explore mode though, it seems more like a scenario to me, though I imagine that the islands were individually auto generated for use with the Scenario. With the editor and creative, you can generate up to 5 islands and have one biome, but the Explore map has 16? (I've heard so many different counts, I don't really know) islands I think and it appears to have multiple biomes, but I'm starting to wonder if it's not really just one biome with different island types to give the appearance of other biomes. So if I'm right, and the Explore map is a scenario, then all of those Explore islands are the same for everyone, even though the game is seed based with a procedural generated world, from which the Explore Scenario would have been made.

Edited by Whane The Whip

10 hours ago, Aleš Ulm said:

Unfortunately, when playing Exploration game it really is overpowered at this moment when compared to the rest of the objects and it also creates a problem for us when expanding the gameplay so we'll have to fix that.

Why not just let it be rechargeable or force you to carry extra ylandium cells to swap out and charge it... like rechargeable batteries.

plus what about to make all objects re-pickable at any moment?

and can we respawn in the last bed where we slept? instead of the first island...

(sorry for multiple questions)

Edited by Tanker751
added second question

I suggested this  before and got a reply that it would  take a lot of  time and resources to do,  but i will mention it again  for thought...

I suggested that once you reach a  certain level in the game, and have  explored all the possible  ylands/world in your  game,  then   your  base /spawn island would remain the same  but a new set of Ylands/world    would be  generated around it,   allowing for more  exploration  etc. and an  endless game.

However, as Ales   said  ,  such a modification  is  currently  way beyond the   road map and  resources of Ylands  at present..it   would require  more programmers and  programming time  etc   and its best to  fix the vehicle and get it  running  smoothly   first  before adding   extra  wheels. And to me that makes real sense.  Look how  many other games tried to fly  before they were capable of  walking,  and  have  hit the  dust! ¬¬

" Softlee  softlee...catchee monkee" ...  best  small sure  steps  than   big leaps ....over and  into  crevasses! :P

Keep  up the good  work ,  guys !:D

On 20/01/2018 at 1:36 AM, Aleš Ulm said:

Barrier: it won't be possible for non-owners to do terrain modifications, create or remove energy streams and paint (there will be some additional features coming in 0.8 - we're still discussing how should it work with vehicles and ships)
Larger doors: not sure yet, but it's very likely
In general, you will be seeing only a few new blocks being added to the game within the couple of next updates - not because we wouldn't be working on some (actually quite on the contrary - some great looking stuff is being created :) ) but because those blocks will be released with the update featuring the new world 

What is this "New World" you speak of @Aleš Ulm? Sounds very interesting. New Yland generation or just a new Yland biome type? Can you share more info with us? Timeframe or Roadmap update?

30 minutes ago, Bigglermon said:

the update featuring the new world

Really interesting indeed.. Could it be continuous generation ylands? or overhaul the Ylands world mechanism? I just hope it can also be implemented in Custom map. :P

for the npc trading thing can you make a way to set up your own npc cause i want to be able to make like a little maket then set each person to whatever i want them to sell then they will sell if for me and give me the gold that way i dont have to be there can you please try and do this in the next update or another update soon cause i think that would be really cool and it would change how the game is played alot.

For the curious   regarding  "bactrian"

a  dromedary goes   "  Humph"

a bactrian goes    " Humph  Humph" :P

Actually   camels  on desert    they  could be used to provide  wool   ( like sheep in temperate areas? )  which  can be spun into   yarn ...woven  in to items

camels  could  also  provide  transport   an  alternate to  horses  on desert  biomes.B|

I purchased Ylands a few days ago and when I die I do not have a respawn option. I see according to this post there was a fix out before I purchased, but I seem to be experiencing the no respawn issue. Please help.

15 hours ago, Lizztish said:

I purchased Ylands a few days ago and when I die I do not have a respawn option. I see according to this post there was a fix out before I purchased, but I seem to be experiencing the no respawn issue. Please help.

Are you playing an Exploration map? As far as I know, this is by design and though a respawn option is on a lot of wish lists, I don't think it's regarded as an issue/bug. Death in Explore carries with it a penalty, and currently that penalty is perma-death meaning you lose your items and have to restart. However, it's not that bad imo because anything you've built will remain in the world and if you can find where you died, then you can pick up the items you had in your inventory since they spill out on the ground when you die.

If you're seen a choice to respawn in the past, it was because whoever created the custom scenario, included a respawn choice.