Amber Icon

[Suggestion] Can we get a planning tool?

Question

Like a basic tool. Maybe make it with a stick or pole, string/rope, and clay. Use this to create a "work zone" where you can dig, or place dirt/sand/stone.

It would work on the world grid and work only with diagonals and straight lines.

This would allow players to make very precise mines, retaining walls, artificial islands, paths, basements, etc.

• Upvote 3

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

Good idea!

It would be very useful to be able to have more control over terrain modifications. It would make creating underground bases far easier ;)

Kimbuck suggested that the shovel have the ability of digging on walls as well as ceilings so they can be made flat which is a similar idea to what you are thinking about but instead of having a separate tool it would be incorporated into an existing tool.

On 1/2/2018 at 11:22 AM, kimbuck said:

Currently the  shovel  flattens land   and  this can resulted in a"stepped"  landscape ..which is  not  friendly to vehicles  and also  un-appealing to look at.  What would  be  handy is to  be able to use the  f  g  h  keys with the  shovel to contour a tile at a 45 degree angle,  allowing for   sloped roads  etc..  Also to form  beaches   and  easy   access/egress to water.

• Upvote 1

Anything that involves more precise building, I'm completely for. I very much enjoy my straight lines when building. :D

I have like tons of dirt in my Soil Container, what i would like is to be able to craft a Terraforming Tool and to feed it with Dirt, or Sand, or whatever other Soil i want and use that to terraform to my taste, this would be much more practical than a shovel, and would empty that Soil Box a bit too.