SamMonahan

YLands Offical Dev server - Can this be a thing?

Hi all,

I was wondering if it was possible or there was plans for an official server hosted by the YLands team. This would be a reliable way of us testing multiplayer at larger capacities and would be a good way for players to form a tighter community :)

• Upvote 1

Good Point! Not sure how many people can fit onto multiplayer at this time as I am strictly a solo explorer ?, but would have to be a minimal amount due to cluttering the island/s.

Would be cool to see a bi weekly or monthly dev stream of what they are working on via twitch or YouTube to interact with the players etc...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hurricane43 said:

Good Point! Not sure how many people can fit onto multiplayer at this time as I am strictly a solo explorer ?, but would have to be a minimal amount due to cluttering the island/s.

Would be cool to see a bi weekly or monthly dev stream of what they are working on via twitch or YouTube to interact with the players etc...

10 people max at the moment I believe.

Also that is an amazing idea. Have a community whitelisted server that the devs showcase every month or so to drum up publicity :P

• Upvote 1

When the next update fixes multiplayer I'm hosting my 24/7 professionally hosted server again! It's got absolute top notch parts and connection, it doesnt lag at all :)

• Upvote 1

There should be at least one official server up and running very soon (hopefully couple of days :) )

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Aleš Ulm said:

There should be at least one official server up and running very soon (hopefully couple of days :) )

That's great news! Thank you @Aleš Ulm:)

• Upvote 1

You're welcome! :) There are still some stability issues with the dedicated servers in general (that affect even the ones that players are running) - we're trying to fix these issues first before we run our own as it would be rather unfortunate for the official server to be accessible only at certain times :)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aleš Ulm said:

You're welcome! :) There are still some stability issues with the dedicated servers in general (that affect even the ones that players are running) - we're trying to fix these issues first before we run our own as it would be rather unfortunate for the official server to be accessible only at certain times :)

Does that mean we get a hotfix before the 0.5 patch? :) 

2 minutes ago, Aleš Ulm said:

Will the server be whitelisted, or is there the opportunity to have an official whitelisted server?

Sure thing - unless it's fixed really close to 0.5 (I hope it will be fixed way sooner though, we do feel it's a priority)

Official whitelisted serve running by a third party: sorry, not at this time :) (I'm not saying it can't happen in future though :) )

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Aleš Ulm said:

Sure thing - unless it's fixed really close to 0.5 (I hope it will be fixed way sooner though, we do feel it's a priority)

Official whitelisted serve running by a third party: sorry, not at this time :) (I'm not saying it can't happen in future though :) )

Thanks for the reply! Will there be a whitelisting system for other servers soon? I'm looking forward to such kind of system since a password isn't waterproof :) 

I've been twitching (literally) for the dedicated servers to be ready :) I think there should be a decent range of friendly hosts to cope for at least this pre-Steam phase. Once it hits Steam things are likely to grow large! I bought my domain in advance for this reason lol!

Good Info... This would also be a good way to have more testing done and report back the bugs that are found, while also playing together. 

• Upvote 1

@Aleš Ulm Just another question regarding this, would it be possible to increase the player cap for the official server along with adding some more ylands as there will be a larger number of us playing :)

• Upvote 1

On 10/07/2017 at 4:25 PM, Aleš Ulm said:

Any update on this?