handofthesly

Forum activity stream drop down box inaccessible

Question

I'm having an issue with the forum where when I click on the Activity tab and then the My Activity Streams tab the drop down box is partially hidden behind other things on the page and then it disappears when I move the mouse onto it, I can't select anything on it.

Anyone else having this problem or is it just me? xD Edit: I'm using Google Chrome on Windows 10 64 bit if that matters at all

Forum Bug Activity Streams.png

Edited by handofthesly
  • Upvote 2

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

From what I've gathered, it seems to be javascript-related. Nothing I did with CSS seemed to have much affect on the z-index of the dropdown. However, when I changed the z-index of main.ipsLayout_container to -1, the dropdown appeared on top and could be interacted with. Unfortunately, having a value of -1 does not allow you to interact with anything inside the element, such as links. Setting the value to 0 made the dropdown appear behind everything else, and no change to the dropdown's CSS seemed to change that.

I'll continue messing with it, but hopefully my findings can help someone figure out a proper solution.

EDIT: We have a solution.

div#ipsLayout_header {
    z-index: 1 !important;
}

Big thank you to @Dustin Pianalto for locating the offending element.

Edited by Seathre
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2018 at 1:34 AM, handofthesly said:

Great work, that stuff goes straight over my head! So now do we wait for someone to fix it?

Hopefully someone with access to the forum's admin panel and knowledge of CSS sees this and implements the fix.

3 minutes ago, Energritz_ said:

Using Firefox Quantum, i did not see this issue, worked as intended.

I was able to confirm this. It seems to only be an issue in Chrome.

Thanks! We'll look into it.

I didn't even notice, I use Firefox for the forum ^^

Edit: This should be fixed now :)