marcosgijon

One doubt about the game

Hi guys,

How can I "move" objects? If that's not possible, is there any way to pick up an object (like a bed, for example)?

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, marcosgijon said:

Hi guys,

How can I "move" objects? If that's not possible, is there any way to pick up an object (like a bed, for example)?

Thanks!

When you craft an item it has a timer on it for you to break and replace it, unfortunately after that time is up you can no longer move the item.

I would like to see this change in the future as Its irritating to have to rebuild all my crafting stations just to put them in my base

You can pack and move your bed somewhere else though (since you mention it in your example), unless it's part of a point of interest, in that case you cannot destroy/move any of the items.

4 hours ago, Ane said:

You can pack and move your bed somewhere else though (since you mention it in your example), unless it's part of a point of interest, in that case you cannot destroy/move any of the items.

How do you pack your bed? 

9 minutes ago, marcosgijon said:

How do you pack your bed? 

It has to be a "Sleeping Pad" I believe 

Sleeping Rolls.png

Oops, yeah, I just realized I meant the sleeping pads, not beds themselves.

Screenshot_1.png

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ane said:

Oops, yeah, I just realized I meant the sleeping pads, not beds themselves.

Screenshot_1.png

Ah okay, I already knew that! Thanks anyway :)

On 11. 7. 2017 at 3:54 PM, marcosgijon said:

Hi guys,

Thanks!

Currently, it is not possible to move larger objects. But I agree it is something that is missing and we are trying to find a good way. The problem is mostly to find a nice and intuitive control binding for it.

8 hours ago, Myrik Greene said:

Currently, it is not possible to move larger objects. But I agree it is something that is missing and we are trying to find a good way. The problem is mostly to find a nice and intuitive control binding for it.

Could I suggest some sort of Wrench or Spanner that breaks down placeables into their components (as a temporary work around)

I'm not sure if thats the right option since there is a loss of items if I'm right. This can also be used to grief and accidental missclicks can be nasty again! 

Adrie

We think more about a way how to move some objects, esp. workstations or furniture. E.g. come close to a fireplace, hold RMB and be able to move it (maybe slow and limited?)

Well moving those types of objects such as fireplaces, workbenches, etc would be a much needed feature for us to quickly redecorate our homes, castles...  

Also I need a fridge for my food... ?

On 7/12/2017 at 2:15 PM, Myrik Greene said:

Maybe a packing option? Like the ability to convert large objects into crates with nails, planks, and a hammer? Then that crate can then be picked up and place as needed.

Edited by silentghoust
  • Upvote 1

I'd suggest to "chop" the object with a hammer and then, when the object breaks, you get all of the items that were used to craft it.